RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the dsp amplifier i have been battling is working at the moment. i tore apart the whole left load space, checked the ground, removed some prehistoric electrical tape, zip tied everything neatly, and got it working by jiggling the harness and particularly the thick black coaxial-looking component wire. then it went out and i got it working again by jiggling and moving it around behind the load space trim.
why does it only like one position? would someone with vehicle electrical skills please tell me if this may be affected by the harness touching a certain part of the body metal or another wire inside the trim? perhaps a member who wears glasses...i'm pleased i got it working again but i know how easily jostling it around makes one or all speakers stop until i reach in and wiggle the wires.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the suggestions gentlemen. i'm on it.
could the other earths impact the amplifier even though the one closest to it on the d post is good and i'm not having any other electric issues? at this point the broken-in-sheath wire/dry joint concept is definitely on the table because it comes in perfectly then you'll hit a decent bump or move the harness and it goes again as if it's making contact then breaking contact. i'll prevail eventually...thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts