RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just got my first classic a 95 LWB and everything seemed ok until I noticed that the tire noise I heard was only doing it when I accelerated. The best way to Discribe the sound is like a set of off road tires sound on pavement. It only happens when I press the gas and when I let up it goes away.When I looked at it before I bought it I saw a little fluid(old) coming from the transmission box in the rear. I drove it home about 100 miles from the seller and no problems just smooth drive but the wierd tire sound.Just wanted to know if anyone knows about this noise or could give any advice? Thanks love my Classic

·
Registered
34 Posts
More experienced folks here may give you better advice but maybe you have some problems with pinion bearings on the axles. Anyway, hard to tell from your description.

If I were in your shoes, I´d put the car on four stands, slightly apply the brakes and accelerate simulating a driving condition. Then asks somebody or yourself to closely listen to the drivetrain to really determine where the noise is coming from.

Pardoun me if I´m being obvious but since you´ve just bought the car, I´d check all fluid leves and change them if you don´t have any records about them. Keep in mind that your classic takes ATF fluid in the transfer (if it is still the original Borg & Warner unit). There is an identification plate where you can confirm that.

Hopes that helps and sorry if I just said thinks you already knew.

cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts