RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a new noise that I've been hearing. I'm going to do my best to describe it, its a 2012 RRSC. At first I thought the screeching noise was coming from the speakers, it comes right from the center of the dash. Then I hear it when I break lightly or heavily sometimes, but it continues screeching even after I brake. And sometimes it only does it when I'm turning. The sound comes from the center of the dash, sounds like maybe the booster? It sounded too like sound from the center speaker. And I always hear a short 2 second screech when I turn the engine off too. Has anyone ever encountered this? I'm going to try to take a video too, where could I start to troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,930 Posts
remove the air intake plenum under the hood and with a light and mirror look into each opening look for the blower fans to be cracking apart
OR try turning the HVAC system off when you hear the noise,
and see if it goes away if so then follow the above directions

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I turned off the heat and I believe that the noise has gone away. Can I ask you what this therefore means? It was very specific what you mentioned, have you seen this before?

Thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This morning I could year a light squeaking noise constantly, I turned of HVAC and it went away. Sounds like bearings on blower fan.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the constant posts, but its definitely something with the blower or fan. If i turn it off no noise at all, when its on that's when the noise comes in. What are my next steps?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,930 Posts
follow the instructions in my first post to remove the air filter plenum,
someone on here recently posted about the blower fan cage failure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts