RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So nothing ever has been wrong mechanically with my 04 rover. Today, I was running some routine errands and when I came to reverse out of my parking spot, I heard this weird bumping and grinding noise. I also felt it through my brake pedal (my parking brake was not on). I thought something was terribly wrong so I immediately put it in forward. I heard nothing. I sped up and slammed on brakes and everything worked perfectly, no noises or vibrations. I then put it in reverse again and felt something again, just not as bad this time. I decided there was nothing I could do but drive home, and along the way I couldn't hear of feel anything more. I am getting no error codes pertaining to "check brakes" or transmission. I have also had the differential call back applied about a year ago. I feel like it could be that my brake pads are completely gone, but I am not getting any error codes. I hope something is not terribly wrong. Anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Could be a sticky caliper or one of the pads is rubbing against something. See if you can look through the rims and see anything going on with the brakes back there. If not then I would take it to someone to have them check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts