RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was backing out of my garage this morning on my way to work my front bumper starts to scrape the drive way which never happens when I'm in driving height......I have a fairly steep angled driveway. I get out of the vehicle and notice only the rear is in access height. I mess around with the controls and notice the front airsuspension in no longer working. I have no fault codes on the dash. I'm going to bring it in to a local inde shop close by my work sometime next week to have it checked. In the meantime, anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Unless you are parked on a level surface it becomes very hard to establish with certainty if the suspensions are compressed or extended at a certain height because of a malfunction or because they are naturally compensating for the car not being level. That's just the way it is with our "smart" independent EAS.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front air suspension was definitely not working for whatever reason. I drove to work with the rear end of my car up in the air.....felt like I was driving a hot rod. When I got to work I tried lowering and raising it again and only the rear went up into drive/off road height. I dropped the car back into access height and just went to work. I tested it again before driving home and it was fully functional again. Maybe a software glitch?

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's never a software glitch. Compressor is going.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goinkin said:
It's never a software glitch. Compressor is going.
Hmmm..........sounds like a highly probable cause. I haven't had any issues the past couple of days though. I will just have to see how this plays out over the next few days or weeks. By the way, how many compressors are there? Is there 2 total....one for the front and one for the rear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone experienced difference in height between left and right side of the car? It seems that my RRS10 sits higher on the driver's side of the vehicle.
I went to my local dealer to check it out and they told me that the manufacturer allows for 1cm difference in height from side to side. Is this true?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
What is involved with replacing a compressor?? I have a Faultmate for the electrical side of the suspension, but I'm looking at the complexity of the mechanicals and connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts