Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bad earth was my first thought to but it could also be that the core on one of the wires is exposed and shorting out. When you say right headlight is that from inside the car or looking towards the car from the front.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, passenger side goes out….Checked the wiring for the front side lights, fog lights, and headlights. Didn’t see anything unusual. Grounds appear good. Found a 30 amp fuse out in the engine bay.
Will replace and see what happens. May have a short somewhere ?!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I asked about the light as my lighting wireing loom goes ( looking from front towards engine) from the right light across the front past the horn and terminates on the left. It's therefore a possibility that a break or issue after the light on the right ( your drivers side) would affect both the horn and the left light which is where you are saying you have a problem.

With regards to fuses it depends on the age of the vehicle as the newer the vehicle the more electroincs they had and in multiple locations. Under the dash/behind glovebox is a good place to start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On yours are the lights and the horn actioned from the same stalk on the side of the steering wheel. It’s been decades since I’ve driven mine, mine was last on the road in 1984 and I’m not next to it to look but vaguely remember rotating the stalk to turn the lights on and then pressing the end of the stalk for the horn and then pulling towards me to flash the lights and pushing away where it would lock for constant high beam.
If that’s correct then the switch is causing the issue but as I say I’m not even sure I’m
remembering the right car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This one is push stalk forward to bright back for dim, horn is on the middle of steering wheel I thank. Will check maybe I am wrong. Thanks for the link.
Going to open up the wiring harness today and redo all grounds. See what I find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts