136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few shots from this weekend.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
:clap: Where is that, on the Big Island I assume? I'm coming over for a vacation in a couple of months, your photos make me want to rent a Jeep! :lol: Thanks for sharing... and making us all jealous.

PS: Nice sliders!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great pictures! Love the hanging the front tire picture. At least you didn't have to worry about custom pin striping where you were at. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like a blast - great pics

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all. these shots are taken on the Oahu north shore out past Dillingham Air Field. The area is referred to as Kaiana Point.

Umber, let me know when you come out. The real place to go to on this island is Peacock Flats... lots of difficult terrain out there.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
I'm coming over for a vacation in a couple of months, your photos make me want to rent a Jeep!
Charge Card Receipt

National Rent-A-Car
Honolulu International Airport
321 Mokoomoku Dr.
Honolulu - Oahu, HI, US, 96819
Warn bumper winch..............................................$60
Recovery strap....................................................n/c
Snap-n-Go child seats ([email protected]/day)..........................$50
Child booster seat ([email protected]/day)..................................$20

Subtotal..........................................................$348
Tax @7%.........................................................$24.36

4/14/10 13:03................... ....Total Amount Due $372.36

Name Please Print: _____ Umbertob ______

Signature:________________________

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Thanks Mark, alas I will be staying on the Big Island. Some long overdue scuba diving - among other dives I want to try the one at night with the manta rays just off Kona again. I did it a few years ago and it was one of the most amazing dives I have ever done. On that night we had about 15 rays, some of them with a 20-ft wingspan, gracefully performing barrel rolls a few inches above our heads for almost an hour, we actually had to remove our snorkels so as not to injure their bellies! Incredible experience, can't wait to do it again.

Nice work on the car rental receipt goosey, but where is the high roller insurance charge for off-roading the car? :D I don't think you could fit 3 child seats on a Jeep, though. I have reserved a Yukon (XL!) for hauling the family, nanny and 20 large pieces of luggage we will surely end up with around the island. We might be able to squeeze everything in, otherwise the nanny may have to take a short walk from the airport to the house we are staying in Mauna Lani. :twisted: And I have yet to see a rental company with Rubicons on their lot but hey, I may inquire for real when I get there.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
but where is the high roller insurance charge for off-roading the car?
Fyi, you should use your Amex Centurion card for the rental, then its covered :D

Also, don't forget to check out the "pick your own Kona" at the King Kamehameha Coffee Plantation :D

Seriously though, it sounds like a great trip, esp the diving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts