RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is really infuriating when writing a post that this site times out and I loose it. It has happened so many times over the years. I thought I had learnt my lesson to copy and paste a post first as a precaution before sending it. However it just happened to me again today. I pressed send, it didn't go; it lost it and I had to start from scratch again. Pressing the back button to get it back does not work. This is the only forum I have been on that does this.
I will try and remember to copy this one.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
dave3d, I have been here for a few months and haven't experienced any issues with the forum. I can sometimes take too long to compose a reply or get up and go do something else, but have no problem picking up where I left off and posting. Where I do have problems, is with my browser. Once in a while Firefox will show "Not Responding" and then I will lose information for any/all sites I might have been reading or posting to.

You might want to send a pm to the mods/admin to see if they have any suggestions for you.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Sadly I can offer no other info than what was just posted. A few times a year someone will make a comment on this issue but the tech folks insist there is nothing wrong with the site or forums. Unfortunately there are so many things on a persons system that can combine just right to cause an issue. For instance on my main system I can not insert smilies if using IE. On my shop system I often end up with missed characters or spaces when typing a response, but only on this site. Umberto has issues with his cursor disappearing when responding on this site.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Ha! I've had the disappearing cursor too. It is there, but not visible at times.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,457 Posts
I've had issues mostly with IE, but only on this site, whereas with Firefox and Chrome, I have no issues on this site, which tells me it must be a browser issue. I too have used the cut and paste method, but only when I'm using IE. With the other browsers, no issues or need for this workaround.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm. I am using 32 bit XP on an old Panasonic Toughbook laptop (1.3 GHz and 1.25 GB ram) and Firefox v34. Never seen a reason to upgrade from XP personally. I also have a missing cursor but strangely just on replies to pm's. I have the normal blinking cursor typing this.

Maybe my laptop is too slow. Takes an age to load these pages with all the adverts and links.
Will try it on my desk pc (3 GHz and 4 GB ram) which is also still on XP.

It is not big issue as long as I remember to copy what I have written before pressing send. Now and again I forget, usually on a long post ! I then have to remember what I wrote and retype it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts