RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how owners whose RRS's have a few miles on them are faring on the interior and exterior. How is the leather, dashboard, door cards holding up. Any body or engine issues?
My car has just crossed 3000 miles, the only thing to report is the scratching on the black wood around the gear stick.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Swirl marks on the Piano black dash trims.

Swirl marks on the external D-Pillar covers.

Leather gets blue coloration rub off from jeans. Good leather cleaner will take care it.

No cracks on leather, although I think between my kids/dogs, I found a cut in the rear seats.

Almost 2 years of ownership at about 22k miles.

My wife wears lotion like there's no tomorrow, so I see lotion build ups in the seams on the leather wrapped steering wheel.

Tires are still good and so are brake pads and rotors. I was surprised by this. My Q7 eats pads and rotors.

OptiCoats keeps the paint nice and shiny.

Ah, curb scratches on the wheels.

My Acura went through more issues at 2 years than this. So crossing fingers.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
727 Posts
I agree with many of the above and have one to add. The padding on the drivers upper door trim has compressed/dented due to me resting my left elbow on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, So I will not rest my elbow on the door trim :) Any tips on keeping the D pillars scratch free?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
238 Posts
Leather gets blue coloration rub off from jeans. Good leather cleaner will take care it
-ThinkMac-
I'm using Leather Master Leather Barrier and it makes the blue dye transfer fairly easy to remove from the leather seats.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have used Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (acrylic) as an undercoat with Meguiars' Ultimate Liquid wax (Polymer) for quite a bit of success with the fine scratches.

I live in Texas so Carnauba wax has too low a melting point to consider using here. I highly recommend the polymer over acrylic approach.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I may well try the Klasse sealant. I hadn't really noticed the fine scratches / swirls on the B&D pillars but in the sunshine today they are there. I am actually surprised they could not come up with something more durable in this day and age. I have seen a lot less swirls on lower tech / spec B & D pillars on other cars and TBH the black wood is just way to easy to scratch. The good thing is there are only two areas of concern!

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,443 Posts
16000 miles in a year and a half. No wear inside or out. No jean transfer (ebony/lunar). Haven't noticed the swirl marks on the pillars. The car is handwashed only. It looks and drives better than new (tuned).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts