RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the cooling feature on my climate seat on the back support is really weak, the "hip" part is actually working very well.

Is it supposed to be that weak? like I can't really feel it is being cooled, or mine are defective?

THX!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure what year your is but I just tried out mine in my 2016 HSE yesterday and was thinking the same thing.

90+ degree here the last few days and I can't tell at all in the RR if they are working, nor do I feel anything different. The Porsche cooled seats get so cold and you can actually feel the air being pulled through the seats, I usually have to turn them down to the low setting after about 10min.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
A few members have reported across both models that the duct had popped off the pump under the seat. I've never actually looked under 494 or 405 seat but it must be fairly obvious. Do you hear the pump running?

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Happy someone posted about this. I wasn't sure if it was just a weak system design or something was definitely off about mine. I hadn't tried to trouble shoot at all aside from turning my heated seat on for a few minutes first to see if the seats actually cooled down.

I do hear the pump running so maybe I should look under the seat.

Ditto on the Porsche seats. My parents Panamera seats really did get cold.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
49 Posts
Same issue with mine too. And my friend's Porsche cooled very well. I thought it was the design and been living with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Porsche seats are ventilated, they circulate your cool cabin air, my Cayenne your butt feels really good , my 16 HSE sucks I don't feel any air coming from the back and just a little bit out from the seat bottom, I can hear a motor from the front dash very loud, are this seats cooled seats or just ventilation from the air?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Same here, bottom seat seems to work ok but airflow is non existent out of the seat back on both driver and passenger front seats. Is this something we can check on our own or need the dealer to resolve?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is 16 AB

I am "glad" that we all have the same problem.

It seems there is a design fault, can we send LR a letter about this as a group?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think they are just weak by design.
My jag was not the greatest either.
I think this affects all JLR cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
207 Posts
I think they are just weak by design.
My jag was not the greatest either.
I think this affects all JLR cars.

I recall it being better last year. I could actually feel it at max. I do not feel any air moving in the seats anymore. I will report back after a dealer visit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I recall it being better last year. I could actually feel it at max. I do not feel any air moving in the seats anymore. I will report back after a dealer visit.
Ahhhh, good to know!
I haven’t really gotten a chance to try it too much yet. But I am going from 2016-2018?

Fingers crossed the visit makes if better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts