RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First a tire blows out and Nav occasionally says it can't read the Nav disc. Second, my outside temp gauge is stuck on 73 degrees. Now I have the dreaded HDC Unavailable and Transmission fault indicator coming up.

Did some research and replaced the battery. Had the old battery checked and it was just barely on the brink of losing it. Decided to replace it anyways. Fault still comes up. Also with the nicer weather here in Houston, I am opening my sunroof more often. But now when it's closed, it makes a bumping noise when I go over big bumps. Kinda like it isn't closed tight.

Weird part about the HDC fault is that it only comes on when the headlights are on. I can drive all day without them on and no fault. The minute the headlights come on BAM.

I tested it a few times and it's the same every time. So weird. Guess I'm gonna get to test out that Easy Care warranty!

That being said, I absolutely love my truck. Best car I have ever owned in terms of making me smile daily.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Lots of stuff going on there, Goinkin.

That sunroof rattle may be from the liner shade. Mine does that a bit. Also there was a thread here a while ago on replacing the seal, and if I remember correctly, how to adjust it if its out of alignment.

That outside temp sensor. Not sure where that's located on the RRS--usually around the front bumper somewhere, but sometimes in the front window drip tray area---but check that there's no debris around on it. Usually when they fail they show an absurd number like -40F or something.

That other stuff I have no idea on.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gooseyloosey said:

That sunroof rattle may be from the liner shade. Mine does that a bit. Also there was a thread here a while ago on replacing the seal, and if I remember correctly, how to adjust it if its out of alignment.

That outside temp sensor. Not sure where that's located on the RRS--usually around the front bumper somewhere, but sometimes in the front window drip tray area---but check that there's no debris around on it. Usually when they fail they show an absurd number like -40F or something.

That other stuff I have no idea on.
Thanks Goose. The temp sensor JUST started working tonight. Might have been debris like you said. The other stuff is vexing as well.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
That outside temp sensor. Not sure where that's located on the RRS--u
I believe its right behind the front grill, towards the passenger side, grill needs to be removed to replace the sensor. They call it the ambient air sensor, I would think that would mean the interior cabin temp, but there is another in-vehicle temp sensor as well which I think is for the HVAC

Goinkin - seems like all errors take a while to clear out on the RRS like the fuel cap error. Hopefully it all works out

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
gooseyloosey said:
That outside temp sensor. Not sure where that's located on the RRS--u
I believe its right behind the front grill, towards the passenger side, grill needs to be removed to replace the sensor. They call it the ambient air sensor, I would think that would mean the interior cabin temp, but there is another in-vehicle temp sensor as well which I think is for the HVAC

Goinkin - seems like all errors take a while to clear out on the RRS like the fuel cap error. Hopefully it all works out
I'll pull the grill off and check it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This may sound a but simplistic but, assuming you have the sunroof cover pulled all the way back, pull it forward about half an inch.

You might find that cures the noise.

Took me a week to work that out...

Cheers,

Rob.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raab said:
This may sound a but simplistic but, assuming you have the sunroof cover pulled all the way back, pull it forward about half an inch.

You might find that cures the noise.

Took me a week to work that out...

Cheers,

Rob.
Whoa, worked! Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'll be danged. It WAS the tail light bulbs that were throwing the HDC Fault and Transmission Fault.

What in the heck?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Cool, glad it was a simple fix

Guess that proves all 1157 bulbs are not built equal - LR may be very finicky with different power ratings. Very sensitive that I heard that if you tow a trailer that has LED lights, that does not convert\ regulate the power correctly, it may throw a bunch of errors as well.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
Cool, glad it was a simple fix

Guess that proves all 1157 bulbs are not built equal - LR may be very finicky with different power ratings. Very sensitive that I heard that if you tow a trailer that has LED lights, that does not convert\ regulate the power correctly, it may throw a bunch of errors as well.
Yeah it's quite strange but good to know as well. Just that little tidbit of info saved me my deductible on an extended warranty visit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts