RangeRovers.net Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
No updates for the best part of a month but it isn't going unnoticed. See post #12 here https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/transfer-case-shift-motor-swap—gone-bad.339273/#post-2283079, quote "Do note that the forum's search function is complete and total garbage, Google is your friend when it comes to finding a lot of old stuff. Type "site:rangerovers.net" at the end of a search and it'll be much easier to find what you need. Also, always refer to the workshop manual(s)."

I'm not the only one complaining, just the others are complaining in places where Admins can't be bothered to go.

Any date for the hundreds of self help pages being reinstated yet?

·
Community Manager
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
No updates for the best part of a month but it isn't going unnoticed. See post #12 here https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/transfer-case-shift-motor-swap—gone-bad.339273/#post-2283079, quote "Do note that the forum's search function is complete and total garbage, Google is your friend when it comes to finding a lot of old stuff. Type "site:rangerovers.net" at the end of a search and it'll be much easier to find what you need. Also, always refer to the workshop manual(s)."

I'm not the only one complaining, just the others are complaining in places where Admins can't be bothered to go.

Any date for the hundreds of self help pages being reinstated yet?
No ETA on the help pages but we do have them archived.

It will take some time to recreate it was a rats nest layout-wise.

Jeff M

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I agree it wasn't ideal but from the main page you could still get to them. It's the content that is important not how pretty it looks. Prior to the 'update' my only complaint was that they hadn't been updated in years and there were many more shortcuts and fixes that weren't there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where has all of the helpful tutorials about each individual subject regarding each model.
Before this site was updated you could go to your model and find many topics and help from very experienced owners who posted pictures and videos. The tutorials were very helpful.
Now you have to scroll through hundreds of posts but still not get the right info
Please put the help pages back to make it as good as it once was.
As it is, this site is just one level above **** level

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah we are working on cleaning it up.

Jeff M
When will the old info pages be back? Can you just post it all somewhere as their own thread for each car or has it been lost?? If you have the info, it should just be a copy and paste, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
When will the old info pages be back? Can you just post it all somewhere as their own thread for each car or has it been lost?? If you have the info, it should just be a copy and paste, right?
They claim that they haven't been lost and are archived on a 'different platform'. When I suggested that they simply link to this 'different platform' they claimed it can't be done. Thousands of spammers worldwide can link to information on any number of platforms so I don't see what the problem is, if it's saved on a computer somewhere it should be possible to link to it.

We've been waiting bloody months and all we get is promises that they are working on it, although obviously not hard enough. This forum is dying rapidly with long term members giving up on it in their droves, it's become a laughing stock worldwide rather than the go to place for information that it once was.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dear Forum Folk
Can you please get this stuff linked up. We're quite used to having to search the rats nest to find stuff, but if it ain't there, we can't . Knowing the site is now admin'd like this, and historical knowledge can just be deleted arbitrarily will push people away. You don't seem to be listening to your main current contributors - without whom you have NOTHING (cos there's no archive, cos you lost/ deleted it...)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
This site is still just as useless as it was when you were first told about the missing information 4 months ago. You've taken over a forum but this site was far more than a forum, it was a goldmine of information. The forum didn't come along until much later. The forum may be of use to new members but even then the usefulness is crippled as we are no longer able to link to articles with step by step instructions, photographs and shortcuts to make the job that much easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well said, and the link they have us a couple of weeks ago doesn't work either, it just keeps returning to the forum page.
Please let someone who knows what they are doing reinstate the the missing files, instead of just feeding us bullshit when you feel like it

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Just refreshed my connection to see if there was anything new and got a message saying the site was down for Maintenance. Waited with baited breath for it to come back and checked. Nope, no changes, still no legacy self help pages, no rrupgrade pages, no obvious changes, just the same as before. Now the old site never used to be down for Maintenance, does that mean the super duper new platform isn't as reliable as the old one, you know, the one that had all the info people wanted and just worked?

161 - 172 of 172 Posts