RangeRovers.net Forum banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
Just refreshed my connection to see if there was anything new and got a message saying the site was down for Maintenance. Waited with baited breath for it to come back and checked. Nope, no changes, still no legacy self help pages, no rrupgrade pages, no obvious changes, just the same as before. Now the old site never used to be down for Maintenance, does that mean the super duper new platform isn't as reliable as the old one, you know, the one that had all the info people wanted and just worked?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
The old pages are being indexed so they can be searched like the forum threads. The last I heard the technical pages would accessible sometime around early Spring.

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
To everyone that has found the new search feature to be a complete waste of time, take heart that it isn't just this forum that has been crippled. I have been asked to change the clutch in a Honda HR-V so Googled to see if I could find a guide on anything I needed to be aware of. Came across an HR-V forum with very similar appearance to this one so used advanced search on "clutch change". Found lots of threads with the word change in them, such as "how do I change a headlight bulb?" but nothing useful. Seems that Verticatscope Inc are crippling all of their forums......

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
Since last nights maintenance, the flags next to the Avatars showing where in the world the poster is have disappeared. As this was probably the only useful feature of the new forum, why is it no longer working?

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
Flags now showing again.

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
We are now at release 42 and still the pages we've been asking to be put back since release 1 haven't appeared......

Reactions: paul500

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
Any chance of appointing some moderators that can delete the spam and move posts to the correct forums?

Reactions: Kenso and paul500

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
So now we can pay for Premium membership which removes the ads (even though an ad blocker does just the same for free?).

Tell you what. You put back the missing content we've been asking for since the site was castrated, sorry, updated, and I might consider paying for Premium membership. But paying for something that needs me and a few others far more than we need it, isn't really good value for money.......

But as Admin haven't replied to this thread for 4 months now, I think my original prediction that the useful material never will be reinstated is looking more and more likely.

·
Community Manager
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
We are now at release 42 and still the pages we've been asking to be put back since release 1 haven't appeared......
They are working on a tool to recover all of the information.

Any chance of appointing some moderators that can delete the spam and move posts to the correct forums?
We already have a moderator team. Have you reported the posts?

It is simply an option for those who want it. The site is still free to use and will remain so.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
Can someone explain how the latest update said you'd improved the anti-spam measures yet the P38 forum has been filling up with spam more than it ever did before. I reported 15 or so identical posts a few days ago and it took someone almost a full day before they were removed, now another 15 or so identical posts have appeared (which I have also reported). I'm a mod on two other forums and any spam gets deleted and the poster banned within an hour if that but it seems timeframes on this site are different to the rest of the world. I was informed I was to be upgraded to super moderator status very shortly almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't happened. At least when it does I'll be able to get rid of the crap.

·
Registered
2019 Velar L560
43 Posts
One of you advertisers has been running a malicious "Update Flash" script for Mac and iPad browsers for the last week or longer. I don't have Flash installed and I've checked for malware and reset my browser. This is the only site where the malicious popup occurs.

It's more of an irritant for me as I can usually back out of the popup or close the tab and come back to the forum.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One of you advertisers has been running a malicious "Update Flash" script for Mac and iPad browsers for the last week or longer. I don't have Flash installed and I've checked for malware and reset my browser. This is the only site where the malicious popup occurs.

It's more of an irritant for me as I can usually back out of the popup or close the tab and come back to the forum.
Add Block plus. Install add block plus.
Can't live without it ...
Paul.

P38 Red Truck!

·
Registered
2019 Velar L560
43 Posts
Add Block plus. Install add block plus.
Can't live without it ...
I've used ABP in the past and it does work well. In general, the standard privacy tools on Safari are pretty good and I prefer to help websites I visit get some ad revenue.

At some point I'll need to start running ABP again for at least this site if this keeps up, but hopefully the admins can get it addressed.

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
I doubt it, they haven't addressed anything else we've been complaining about......

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
26 Posts
The old site was excellent, even the original. The technical fixes I have found very useful as I've changed from a Classic into a L322 and now back into a P38. I would be willing to volunteer development time to get the content back up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's really stupid - removing important pictures of how to do repairs. Why these moderators think this is the right way to go I don't know, it's just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Still no pictures about repairs to the door handles and locks, especially the problems to do with the P38 drivers' side front door.

Really, it's no wonder RR owners have moved over to rangerovers.pub, there isn't this kind of nonsense going on there.

Pierre3.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
80 Posts
The estimates regarding indexing and what ever else VerticalScope's minions' are parroting is completely bogus. Consider the content to be gone.
This forum is about Range Rover's and not about IT or development, but 'indexing' does not take 6+ months.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree entirely with beowulf - I think that the admin muppets have dumped all the really useful pictures, and are only interested in providing the forum for the L322 and later. Anyone with a P38 and Classic series I are stuffed, the administrators couldn't care less, and probably wish the we would sod off and go elswhere.

The other P38 site, "rangerovers.pub2 is pretty good but does lack input. It's a pity that more people haven't migrated over to it.

I don't think that, whatever the administrators say here, we will ever see the eternally helpful images in the P38 threads, I think that we are being fed a load of bull.

Prove me wrong, how about it ?

Pierre3.

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
and that is the best you can do? That is the stuff that nobody ever bothered to read anyway, what is wanted is the old newremedies pages. You know, the hundreds of pages of how to carry out your own repairs, with hints and tips on shortcuts that aren't in the workshop manual that have been worked out by people that have actually done the jobs and documented it.

181 - 200 of 203 Posts