Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 RR AB here. I have seemed to lost the audio on the Waze app. Audio okay on other apps using CarPlay. I checked and my last software update was in May. Waze audio works fine in my other vehicle. Tried another OTA update, but says no further updates. Anyone having a similar issue.
thanks.0

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
you sure someone didn't tap the volume icon and turn the sounds off?
also, can you talk to Siri via carplay? you might need to adjust the volume, since carplay uses the same volume settings Siri does.

fwiw I have the same issue (no sound) with Zoom. Happy to PM a starbucks or dunkin giftcard in exchange for help. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything else works as it should. Waze icon for sound on. Waze audio works perfectly in my BMW. And I think the no sound issue began on the date of my last OTA software update on May 22nd.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Everything else works as it should. Waze icon for sound on. Waze audio works perfectly in my BMW. And I think the no sound issue began on the date of my last OTA software update on May 22nd.
Sorry about that. I was so deep in my Zoom miseries that I forgot. I have the same. It's clearly a system problem. It was discussed shortly after the latest update was released. Yes, waze is borked in the Land Rover Carplay world.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So more strangeness on the Waze/Google Maps via CarPlay front. Like you, my Waze and Maps has become muted in my RR since the last OTA LR update. If I have Waze activated for a drive to a destination, the music or audiobook will pause when directions are supposed to be given, but it's just dead-air during the pause -- no audio directions can be heard.

(1) When I'm talking hands free on the phone in the RR, the directions (Waze) can be heard through the sound system and I can adjust the volume on it. Once the call has ended, the directions go back to being muted.

(2) This one is really strange. I live in the D/FW area, but I drive to Oklahoma once a week to visit our property. Our land is only about 10 miles north of the Red River, an hour from my house. A few miles into OK, the audio of Waze becomes unmuted through CarPlay, and it works exactly as it is supposed to. It works perfectly the entire time in I'm OK, but then mutes itself once I enter (or approach) TX. I know how strange it sounds, but it's occurred every time over the last few weeks. I can't even begin to guess why.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
117 Posts
So more strangeness on the Waze/Google Maps via CarPlay front. Like you, my Waze and Maps has become muted in my RR since the last OTA LR update. If I have Waze activated for a drive to a destination, the music or audiobook will pause when directions are supposed to be given, but it's just dead-air during the pause -- no audio directions can be heard.

(1) When I'm talking hands free on the phone in the RR, the directions (Waze) can be heard through the sound system and I can adjust the volume on it. Once the call has ended, the directions go back to being muted.

(2) This one is really strange. I live in the D/FW area, but I drive to Oklahoma once a week to visit our property. Our land is only about 10 miles north of the Red River, an hour from my house. A few miles into OK, the audio of Waze becomes unmuted through CarPlay, and it works exactly as it is supposed to. It works perfectly the entire time in I'm OK, but then mutes itself once I enter (or approach) TX. I know how strange it sounds, but it's occurred every time over the last few weeks. I can't even begin to guess why.
I have (1) too.
I noticed that, for Apple Maps and Google Maps, switching to another audio source for a moment and then back makes the directions audible again. This doesn't work for Waze though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
2020 RR AB here. I have seemed to lost the audio on the Waze app. Audio okay on other apps using CarPlay. I checked and my last software update was in May. Waze audio works fine in my other vehicle. Tried another OTA update, but says no further updates. Anyone having a similar issue.
thanks.0
I am having the exact same issues and this has been since latest update, local dealer says RR is aware of this and working on a fix….. Dont hold your breath 😊

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks.0
Yes, have had the problem since last car software update

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brought my 2020 RR LWB AB in for its 16k service this morning. Service Dept indicated that they are aware of the no-sound Waze issue. They indicated the next update scheduled for end of this month should address this issue. Hope so!
BTW, on a separate issue, I had sticker shock RE the 16k service. $1800. I’ve had RR’s since the late 90’s and never experienced this crazy service charge. Could be that I had never put so much miles on a RR before, so never experienced the 16k service. Since the early days of Covid, we had been driving long distance instead of flying. So while checking the net for dealer service specials, I noticed that the LR dealer offers prepaid maintenance programs. Anyone ever buy into one of these? Depending on the program they pay for all maintenance including brakes. Most be bought before first service maintenance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brought my 2020 RR LWB AB in for its 16k service this morning. Service Dept indicated that they are aware of the no-sound Waze issue. They indicated the next update scheduled for end of this month should address this issue. Hope so!
BTW, on a separate issue, I had sticker shock RE the 16k service. $1800. I’ve had RR’s since the late 90’s and never experienced this crazy service charge. Could be that I had never put so much miles on a RR before, so never experienced the 16k service. Since the early days of Covid, we had been driving long distance instead of flying. So while checking the net for dealer service specials, I noticed that the LR dealer offers prepaid maintenance programs. Anyone ever buy into one of these? Depending on the program they pay for all maintenance including brakes. Most be bought before first service maintenance.
I have had service plans on three cars all different manufacturers and each one it turned out was way more expensive than sorting the services etc myself, eg in UK my service from an approved RR centre rather than the sales and service centre worked out $400 cheaper, not been any issues and all warranty still covered, but this is just my personal experience and hope it helps

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
117 Posts
JLR's solution to the missing voice guidance...

Last modified: 04-Aug-2021 00:00:00

Symptom: 207000 Entertainment Systems

Issue: JLR is investigating the voice guidance is not heard from the Apple CarPlay navigation post-IMC 21Aupdate.

Cause: Unknown at this time.

Action:

Do not replace Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) for this concern.

Before following the steps below, please check the IMC is at the latest level (21A);

1. Connect Apple CarPlay device to lnControl Touch Pro
2. Launch any Map application within CarPlay
3. Enter a destination and start navigation using CarPlay maps
4. Start driving the vehicle
5. Confirm turn by turn voice guidance is not heard, but navigation guidance is shown on the screen.

Once the concern is confirmed by following the abovementioned steps, the customer can opt for their lnfotainment Master Controller (IMC) software to be rolled back to the previous level as an immediate resolution for this concern.

To request the IMC software to be rolled back, please raise a Technical Assistance (TA) to request the IMC software to be added to the SOTA campaign, so it can be rollbacked to the previous level due to the Apple CarPlay voice guidance issue.

Include the "ACP 21A” in the TA customer concern field.

A further communication will be released once the service repair is available.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
The good news is that we can probably expect an update soon. I think it will become a priority after the 2nd such rollback (that dealers will charge back to Land Rover).

·
Registered
2017 Range Rover SC
33 Posts
I've noticed that any nav audio doesn't play if you have the stereo on. As soon as you turn the sound system off then nav audio works. Maps, Google Maps, Waze. All the same. I keep music running and then turn it off when I get closer to an area where I really do want the audio nav prompts (approaching an area that I don't know or a city center, etc).

·
Registered
2018 Ranger Rover Sport HSE
244 Posts
Any new information on this as we near the end of August....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts