1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Two questions:

1) LR3 went back to the dealer - will miss. Anyhow tried to use the Land Rover bike rack for the LR3 on the RR, but found that the male part is not long enough to fit in the hitch slot (behave!) to line up with the locking pin. I notice that the Range Rover bike rack is the same as the LR3's, but has been re-engineered to fit the RR (i.e., longer male part). Has anyone converted, and knows if this is feasible?

2) I had the Range going down a 30% degree gravel slope in low, hill-descent on, dsc off, and in manually-selected third gear with my feet off the pedals. About halfway down I noticed that the transmission was now in second gear. Curious. On the next flat section I shifted back into third, and after about 20' into another steep downhill, the transmission shifted in to second. Is this normal? The LR3 always stayed in the gear that I selected, no matter what. Admittedly, I should have been in second gear, as third was a little fast for the descent.

·
Registered
641 Posts
probably cause you had HDC enabled, the car decided that this option over-ruled your choice of gearing. I.e. hill descent, and what the car needs for it to work takes a higher priority over what gear your 'suggesting' :D to the car. Try it with HDC disabled and see if it holds the gear.

With most auto's these days, manual tiptronic seems to remain a suggestive input to the box, and ultimately, the box will decide if its too high or too low geared, and change away from your suggestion if it wants to.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gents, that helped on both accounts. Now to find an extension......

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sometimes you can get a hitch extension at Walmart... Otherwise Harbor Freight or Northern tools, even an RV dealer will have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts