RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2013 rrs SC with 81k miles. I was recently at the dealer for servicing. They told me my water pump is starting to leak, not a big deal but probably needs to be replaced in the next 6 to 12 months. Does this make any sense? I would think if it was leaking it needs to be replaced ASAP. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Leak will only get worse. And maybe not at a good time. Change it now if you can smell coolant.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They are pretty common to leak. Usually it is more of a seep and the coolant tends to coagulate. Its pretty rare that a dealer will not just recommend it and take your money since the techs are mostly paid a flag hour and writers are paid on commission for sales. I would look at it to see if it is actually leaking and if it is then replace it right away. On a side note there is a coolant y pipe right behind the water pump that tends to crack(split the seam) Land Rover updated that part from what i understand and is worth replacing possibly as preventive maint as to not have a roadside failure.

I always tell customers coolant leaks you dont mess with and always fix since they can easily cause overheating wand engine damage. Oil leaks you fix only if they are causing a problem, cars leak oil.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks think I'm going to just get it replaced, anything else worth doing as preventative maintenance while they are in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts