RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am new to this forum and have searched everywhere for the above. My dad has a classic 3.9 with the weep hole issue and I think the pump is on its way out.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, I am looking at doing something similar (the radiator). If you have not seen the RAVE manual you should check it out. You can download it from this link (it is very large).

http://www.landroverresource.com/rave.zip

what you get is basically a collection of PDF files. The one you want I think is pdf/lh/SRR652...pdf. Then go to COOLING SYSTEM in that document and you should find what you're after. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, I did this recently and it's pretty straightforward, the only difficulty I had was removing the viscous fan but I eventually got it loose by jamming some rags in the pulley belt to stop it moving and then hitting a wrench with a hammer to shock it loose. Miunk is right, the best guide is the RAVE manual.If you have any trouble getting hold of it drop me a message and i'll can e-mail you a pdf extract of the relevant page.
Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also remember that the nut is undone counter clockwise. I might add its a real s.o.b. to get off!! Oh, and check where the retaining bolts come from because they are not all the same length.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just did mine last week! its really easy... just the fan clutch is a PITA but other than that it took a couple of hours! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts