RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 R.R HSE Sport (160.00 mles) leaks water when I turn The Air conditioning. Does anyone had a similar proble...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
801 Posts
2008 R.R HSE Sport (160.00 mles) leaks water when I turn The Air conditioning. Does anyone had a similar proble...
Yes, we all do.

RECALL!!

:lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drips to much, I dont think is for the condensation tubes...If I drive the car I can not turn on the AC, because will drip all the water...but If I dont turn on the AC does not drip.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Woah there ACRRS. The answer is right in your name... AC. Your last post just confirmed it. It is your A/C.

Think about and learn how A/C works. A/C dries the air, thus the reason the A/C system runs during defrosting and cycles in the AUTO setting.

There is NO water anywhere in any auto produced. Every system has a fluid, not water. If it's not coloured, does not have an odor, is not slick and has no flavour then it is indeed WATER. You are not "LEAKING" anything. When the AC is off it does not produce condensation. When AC is is on it creates condensation or WATER based on the humidity of the outside air. That condensation / WATER is expelled through drains ABOVE THE TRANSMISSION. It does not "drip all the water" because there is no "water" to begin with.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
What do you call a Rover that doesn't leak? Empty

...Wait for me Win7ermute

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys...I was able to locate the leak...well not quite..I have taken some pictures and a video...The water comes from behind the engine between the block and intake..has anyone had this problem before or do I have to take the car to INDY...please help..
IMG_2936.JPG IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2931.JPG

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Dude, seriously... you are beating a dead horse. There is NOTHING coming out of your vent pipe for your tranny or front diff that you have pictured and in the video... I think we are done here. Accept that the drip under your tranny is the AC. Go relax and chill and accept you simply do not understand the inner working of Air Conditioning or how automatic climate control works. use your AC freely or set your climate control and AUTO and be a man that enjoys his drips as perfectly normal and healthy.

I am going to close this thread and allow you a bit of time to go research universal AC concepts and workings. The long and short is that unless you just parked after a rain storm, WATER under any car, other than a hydrogen fuel cell platform :lol:, can and will only be from the evaporation process of every day AC operation. If you find it is not water, please feel free to start a new educated post with what ever it really is.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
The water comes from behind the engine between the block and intake..]
No it does not. it comes from two nipples behind the engine through the cowling above the transmission. If it came from between the block and intake it would be coolant not water. It would not be coming from above the tranny, it would be running down the tranny. Go feel it, let us know the colour.... Hint, it will not be clear like water... and let us know in a post that claims something other that cars can leak water when there are no water reservoirs, systems or lines that contain water that can leak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.