RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to change the wheel on my '97 4.6 P38 last week, and found an inch of water in the wheel well. Spent much of Sunday trying to find the cause, but no luck. The tailgate seal is good. Has anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to change the wheel on my '97 4.6 P38 last week, and found an inch of water in the wheel well. Spent much of Sunday trying to find the cause, but no luck. The tailgate seal is good. Has anyone else have this experience?
Just seen a load of tread on this, so I'll have a read through.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
With mine it comes in at the top of the tailgate where the rear wiper is tucked away. It is only when using a hose or pressure washer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also check the sunroof drains. Mine was leaking from the rear left pipe and the water made it's way into the wheel well.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Holy petunias if you do a search you will see there is an official LR fix and that your mobile hottub is a feature, not an issue. You can use a sharp knife and cut where your search will show you, or use a screwdriver and pop a drain plug like I did. My method is more blunt and feels better. The official fix is more elegant and proper.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same problem and it was a connector on the rear window wiper washer that is behind the left tailights. If you remove the panel behind the lights on the side of the truck you can see the washer pipe in there and it had come apart. Just reconnected by pushing the pipe on the connector and the case was solved. To test this use the rear washer and water will run into the footwell, under the carpet if this is the fault. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I actually took the drain plug out in the bottom of the spare wheel well to let the water out. However, I was fed up getting the carpet wet by the CD player, so I bought a new hatch seal and it's been bone dry since.
My old hatch seal was pretty crushed up where the lower hatch closes and when washing the car, water would get in here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts