RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with water leaking in the drivers side foot well. NOTE this is water not coolant.

So here is my problem, when its warm outside (its summer time) I seem to get a LOT of water dripping in my driver side foot well. I think it has something to do with my AC because the water is COLD... the water can be heard sloshing around in the dash when I drive on the freeway on ramp clover leafs.

The problem is ANNOYING because the water seems to drip down right above my left foot, so if im wearing tennis shoes my foot gets wet. Also my drivers side footwell carpet is soaking wet :cry:

Im sure this is an easy fix, but does anyone know how to fix it?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude chill, its been about a yr since i've been back... I used to be very active on this board but having two kids in the last few years has taken all my time as of late. :wink:

thxs for the link.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
lolz.

I clean out my **** drain lines all the time, and I still get leaks. I kind of like it now...it's nice and cold on my feet....and if I ever get stuck somewhere with no water, I have a great water supply to drink from. :thumb:

·
Registered
966 Posts
scubaman99 said:
dude chill, its been about a yr since i've been back... I used to be very active on this board but having two kids in the last few years has taken all my time as of late. :wink:

thxs for the link.
I was just filling in for kmagnuss on the oppression!

I couldn't believe you'd never had your foot wet from a clogged a/c drain. Mine starts every May or so when the A/C starts to get used more. I have a special stick I keep in my seatback pocket for just this occurance!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
up until about 4 months ago (start of summer here in CA) i NEVER had leaking water in my Rover... Just lucky i guess.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I have cleaned out my drains every or every other oil change and still had issue on the drivers side. THanks to many dusty trails etc I finally put a coffee straw in the drain. It hasn't plugged in 10K miles now!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,427 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
I have cleaned out my drains every or every other oil change and still had issue on the drivers side. THanks to many dusty trails etc I finally put a coffee straw in the drain. It hasn't plugged in 10K miles now!

The concept of drinking coffee thorugh a straw never entered my mind until I visited rrtoadhall and the coffee shop asked if I wanted a straw with my coffee. I was stunned! It must be an American thing! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
For most people, it's actually a stirrer. But every so often we get an eccentric, I only wear glasses in the coffee house type of guy, who actually uses it as a straw.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Got the same problem and the posted fix isnt working. The drains do not seem to be clogged where they pass through the floor. I'm thinking the hose must be disconnected inside. Will go digging into the dash soon.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Tape a small bore pipe to the wife vacume cleaner and shove that up the drain tube, done it to mine but never got anything out but they have never been anymore trouble

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,427 Posts
NorCal RR said:
Got the same problem and the posted fix isnt working. The drains do not seem to be clogged where they pass through the floor. I'm thinking the hose must be disconnected inside. Will go digging into the dash soon.
Quite possible. The drain is a piece of convoluted tubing that snakes up to the aircon. I've cable-tied mine on as they come off quite easily.

Here's a couple of pix I took earlier:

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
:shock: No wonder yours are coming off easy Ron, Your transmission is on the wrong side of the glovebox!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey All

So this morning i went under my rig to "clean out the plugs" the passenger side plug let out a little water (maybe a 1/2 cup or cup) the drivers side plug was completely dry?!?! So i'm thinking that maybe the hose came off inside the dash like what rons pics show?

Question to people.

1. when you "drain" your AC drain holes how much water do you get? more then a cup or less?
2. when you "drain" your AC drain holes do you get equal water from each side or do you normally see on side as dry and the other with water?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,427 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
:shock: No wonder yours are coming off easy Ron, Your transmission is on the wrong side of the glovebox!
Curses! How am I gunna fix that?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Im sorry maybe im missing something I removed all the covers along the glove box but couldnt find the drain tubes I have a 96 model I got under the car today and attached a vacume cleaner to the end to try suck the dirt out nothing much came out so Im pretty sure the tubes are dislodged.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,427 Posts
The drains are almost impossible to see.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4 Posts
Hi

Did you ever find them. I have the same issue and plan to attack it soon.

AD

-- It only became a problem when I fixed the AC :-(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts