RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an issue of water dripping, and sometimes streaming into the cab, on the drivers side right above the pedals, on my 2000 hse RR. i have read some posts that talk about possible leaks from the cruise control, which would make sense, as mine is currently nonfunctional, any ideas?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
2000hse said:
i have an issue of water dripping, and sometimes streaming into the cab, on the drivers side right above the pedals, on my 2000 hse RR. i have read some posts that talk about possible leaks from the cruise control, which would make sense, as mine is currently nonfunctional, any ideas?
On which side of the car does the driver sit?

This is an international forum so some of us sit on the right, others sit on the left. I sit on the right.

You don't show in which country you are located.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you check your Pollen filters or looked under to see if you air-condition drains are plugged. This happed to me and I changed the pollen filter and havent had a drip since. :thumb:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Quite a number of places water can come through, I'd start with pollen filter cover cos they tend to bend, you can seal up or drill two small holes on each lower corner of these covers.
Next is to poke the AC drain tubes from underneath with a long screw driver and wiggle it about to dislodge dirt blockage.

Windscreen bonding given up but rare

·
Registered
42 Posts
there are 4 sunroof drains in the car which are probably the number 1 way for water to enter the cabin. 2 drains in the front which run down the pillars on both sides of the windscreen and 2 in the back which run down the pillars behind both rear doors. The tubes get clogged and leak back into the car. Check them first. It is an easy fix, just very hard to get to. I just stripped my whole car and am in the process of fixing the little things.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
viperover said:
Next is to poke the AC drain tubes from underneath with a long screw driver and wiggle it about to dislodge dirt blockage.
That's something I DO NOT recommend.

If you look at my pix below you'll see the convoluted drain tubes. Using a long screwdriver is likely to dislodge these from the air conditioner evaporator drain tubes - then you will have more water on the floor.

I prefer to use something more flexible, e.g., a piece of old speedo cable or even a bit of lighting flex cable.

The drains from beneath the car (one each side of the transmission tunnel):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts