Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if any of us later L322 owners (2010-2012) have had issues with water getting into the rear quarter electronics bay.

I poked around a little inside mine when I bought the car just for the fun of looking at all the glorious modules stuffed in there. Should I be keeping an eye on the bay for water ingress, or has this issue been resolved by 2012? Mine is bone dry and has been since I bought the car. Water in these expensive modules scares me tho.

What was/is the culprit? Bad upper tailgate seal?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
21 Posts
I think the tailgates on Rovers are probably one of the the weak links for rust and leaks. That being said, I haven t seen any moisture in my electronics bay and I have had the whole thing disassembled a few times. I am starting to see a little rust around the weep holes on the tailgate door so I am keeping and eye on it.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
Yes, this is resolved. They have the factory clear plastic splash shield installed (which was the originally factory fix for the early L322s)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
422 Posts
I had a leak with mine. Water on the right side compartment. The vehicle had already had the left side compartment splash shield installed. I had installed factory roof rails, my assumption is that the water was coming in through the threaded mounting holes. I removed the rails and thread-sealed the holes, plus I caulked the rail holes. I never had the leak again.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
Agreed thanks @sowr

Examine your splash shield closely though, mine was bunched up from the factory. I spread it out evenly behind all the components.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts