RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '89 Classic is leaking water from the head lamp washer nozzles (drains reservoir in 4 days). When the washer switch is activated at the windshield wiper switch, there is no head lamp spray, but there is windshield spray. When the rear window washer switch is activated there is spray. Any suggestions as to how to fix it, or should I just clamp the hose off under the bumper?

Cheers!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would check the "T" connection that is located almost in the center of the bumper area (under). I found that mine was broken and when I filled up the reservoir that it promptly drained onto the ground. I just clamped it off for now. I am working on other problems first. Easy fix but, just haven't got around to it yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input.
The line is intact. The leak is coming directly through the washer nozzles (which ever one is the lowest point at the time).

However, the head light washer pump no longer activates using the washer switch on the steering column.
But if I disconnect the harness and connect the pump directly to the battery it works fine.

Is there a separate fuse or relay for this pump?
The rear and front window pumps work fine.

Cheers!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
I had that problem, years ago. I am afraid that I can't remember the details now but think it was something about a check valve or something similar, perhaps in the nozzles themselves, and that the failure supposedly had something to do with using cheap windscreen washer fluid that clogged up something. I realize that this is very vague but I hope it might be some aid in troubleshooting. I wish I could remember a little better!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmm
I wish you could remember too.
That wouldn't have anything to do with Mendo County's agricultural product......would it?

Cheers from Berkeley!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dont know exactly what set up you have, but I found mine compelety useless for what I do. Especially after I added the ARB winch bumper. If you want to end the problem completely, just trace the line back to the washer fluid box, cut it off and then plug it with a bolt and hose clamp. I know this will draw fire from most of you but thats what forums are for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts