Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got curious and tried this the last two nights.

1) Parked the car in the garage.
2) Topped up the windshield washer fluid.
3) Checked the following morning the fluid level was low. No evidence of leaks anywhere.
4) Filled up the fluid again and took my bike to work. Took about half the jug to refill.
5) Got back and the tank was low again. Again no leaks anywhere.
6) Filled up the fluid again with about half a jug of washer fluid and went to bed.
7) Woke up following morning and it is low once again.
8) Poured half a jug of washer fluid in and drove to work.

So the RRS has been sitting still in the garage for 24 hours and has mysteriously consumed over 1.5 jugs of washer fluid. I'm so confused, am I checking for leaks incorrectly? I followed the hose all around and the bottom pan of the car. Nothing. It should be more then a leak if I'm loosing this much fluid.

·
Registered
147 Posts
How about sacrificing 30 mins to stay with the car to see how fast the level sinks, and immediately watch for leaks? If it slowly drops on engine parts (and not the floor) it could easily dry out until the following morning.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about sacrificing 30 mins to stay with the car to see how fast the level sinks, and immediately watch for leaks? If it slowly drops on engine parts (and not the floor) it could easily dry out until the following morning.
Yup, that's what I'll have to do next. It just seems to be loosing a lot of fluid that there has to be some evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Curious if you ever figured this out? I have recently purchased a pre-owned 2017 RR supercharged. Same thing. I put in a gallon and a half and within a day, the tank is nearly empty with no evidence of a leak.

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
79 Posts
Clearly a leak. Plastic reservoirs develop leaks at the seams or at junctions. This happened on my SL55 AMG. I used JB Weld and it sealed it up easy peasy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Been there, done that! I've had nearly 10 land rover vehicles, and just about every RR "drinks" the washer out of the reservoir. Apparently the plastic tanks leak, and by the time you finish your travel and turn off the engine, the heat soak from the engine and hoses evaporates the trickle leak, so you never see it. I learned to never fill the washer tank to the top in a Rover!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts