Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to polish out most of the swirls / light scratches from my new rover. Here is a list of products:

Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer Shampoo
Poorboy’s Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner
FLEX XC 3401 Orbital Polisher
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound
Meguiar’s #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0
Assorted Lake Country Buffing and Finishing Pads

Here is the before pic:
Light Water Floor Flooring

Now for the after:
Atmospheric phenomenon Light Sky Ceiling Metal

And finally one of the M5, Zermatt Silver will be much easier to deal with than Sapphire Metalic:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Alloy wheel

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Very nice results.

How do you like the Meg's #21? What's the longevity? I am a big blackfire fan and haven't used Meg's products in a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using #21 for a few years now. Very easy to work with, easy on / easy off. It lasts for 3 to 6 months depending on it you garage or not.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am a big fan of Zanio's car products for swirl and scratch and polish its the best i have ever used.
www.zainostore.com check it out i promise you wont be disappointed.
Capt Ken

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
I'm a big fan of Griot's Garage products. Been using them for many years. Recently used there paint clay, Machine polish #3, Pre Wax
Cleaner, and the Best of Show Wax using a Porter Cable Orbital Buffer on my Santorini Black HSE. It had what I would call moderate swirls and light clear coat scratches from the precious owners neglect. . It brought back the showroom look. The metallic pigments jump out of the black, and the depth of the paint is just incredible!
These products do what they say, and are very easy to work with.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
I am a big fan of Zanio's car products for swirl and scratch and polish its the best i have ever used.
www.zainostore.com check it out i promise you wont be disappointed.
Capt Ken
Ditto!! Since you're on the west coast you can also order it from LAZAINO.com for faster shipping.

That M5 looks super reflective but who has been washing that RRS!? It's hard to swirl silver lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ditto!! Since you're on the west coast you can also order it from LAZAINO.com for faster shipping.

That M5 looks super reflective but who has been washing that RRS!? It's hard to swirl silver lol
It's not hard to swirl silver it's just hard to see it. It almost has to be in direct sunlight to even pick it up. That being said I still couldn't pass up the opportunity to fix it. I'm pretty lucky though, whoever had it before me kept it clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.