RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of weeks have been interesting, with my wife's P38 EAS being quite ornery!
I've finally built the OBD2 EAS unlock cable, loaded the software onto my old laptop (after upgrading part of WIndows XP) and have found some interesting things...

The two front fault values were to be expected... Low and out of range because of the leaking air springs which are to be replaced this weekend (last weekend was the compressor and valve block rebuild).
The thing that I now understand as either a dodgy front right height position sensor or the wiring loom going bad :naughty:

So... I need to get around to having a look at the position sensor and testing the little blighter!

I shall report back with my findings in the next few days :dance:
Thanks to everyone on the forum... Search is my friend :thumb:

Cheers,
Mick.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
i used to get the same error on my faultmate.
i just swapped the 2 front height sensors from one side to the other. cured my issues.

martin

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your tip leftlanetruckin,

The guy who sold me the new sensor sold me the wrong one. Mine bolt directly to the chassis, where the new one is on a bracket :!:

So... I swapped the sensors and voilà! Unlock, recalibrate a bit and my wife's P38 is now happy :shhh:

Mind you the new Arnott's air-bags did help, the old ones were past their use by date.

Cheers,
Mick.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok,

It looks like the main fault is in the height sensor. I've just taken the truck out for a run and the EAS has run another fault. :twisted:
When I arrived home, out came the laptop and I've read the fault code, this time it's on the left front of the P38.
I guess the potentiometer track is badly broken, so I'm off on Monday to buy the correct part :wink:

Cheers,
Mick.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
tech_support said:
The guy who sold me the new sensor sold me the wrong one. Mine bolt directly to the chassis, where the new one is on a bracket :!: .

the bracket it an adaptor, LR stopped making (or having made) the earlier type of sensors, so the bracket is to get the sensor in the right spot. I have one like that on Darcy. The major difference is the rotation of how it's mounted. This helps keep overall costs down by making 1 spare part instead of 2.

I don't think you'll find any of the old style sensors (new atleast) give Will Tillery (roverguy.com) a call if you want a good used one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Shupack,

Thanks for the heads up on the extra bracket. The potentiometer looks very similar, with identical bolt holes.
Really, the only difference is where the wiring comes out, but I guess that i'll have to try the new one in situ.
I'll report back what I find :wink:

Cheers,
Mick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts