Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four year warranty ending on my 2015 SVR at the end of the month with only 47k kilometers. The service scheduled next week is $1600 and it covers quite a bit. But given the warranty is ending are there any specific things I should have checked outside the service items? I wonder if others have any specific things that went wrong after the four year mark that they wished they had checked beforehand? The vehicle has been very reliable with no major issues - so far! Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,232 Posts
I had a rear differential leak at 55,000 miles. Would have cost $995 but had extended warranty. Have them check the seals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Canuck, check with your local dealer. As of April 1 JLR now offers factory extended warranties. You might be able to get one put on if you’re not past your mileage allowance. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
299 Posts
Wow, really? Thank you for this info!

I asked about it a year ago and they have to bring it in safety and etest (at the time) and replace a lot of the wear items, brakes, rotors, wiper blades, etc. Then it costs them like $3k to register it under CPO.

Is this the same one? Or a different one?
Do you have any info on this that you can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
85 Posts
Wow, really? Thank you for this info!

I asked about it a year ago and they have to bring it in safety and etest (at the time) and replace a lot of the wear items, brakes, rotors, wiper blades, etc. Then it costs them like $3k to register it under CPO.

Is this the same one? Or a different one?
Do you have any info on this that you can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a Certified Pre Owned program for selling used vehicles. There is now an extended warranty program to extend some coverage past the factory warranty.
https://www.landroverusa.com/ownership/extended-warranty.html

(for non US) https://www.landrover.com/ownership/extended-warranty.html

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The quote I just received from the dealer for the Land Rover extended warranty coverage is significantly higher than their previous quote from a third party company. I don’t get it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The quote I just received from the dealer for the Land Rover extended warranty coverage is significantly higher than their previous quote from a third party company. I don’t get it.

I actually called the dealership. There is 5 months left on the factory warranty and it’s at 32,000 miles. They said it would cost $4800 for the extended warranty. It would cover the next 4 years from today, up to 75k total vehicle miles. Does that seem like a good price for the warranty? Am I to expect that I would spend that on warranty items over the next 4 years?

its also worth noting that my nearest dealership is 90 miles away and my nearest independent that works on these is only 5 miles. Debating if I should look at aftermarket warranties. Any suggestions or advice?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm approaching the end of my warranty on a 2016 V8. I'm the second owner and have no issues and the RRS runs great. I'm curious to know if anyone with an older RRS decided to roll the dice and forgo the extended warranty. Was it the right move?

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
95 Posts
I am out of warranty on my 2015 HSE with 58k miles on the clock. If anything happens it will be expensive but I am meticulous following the maintenance schedule and do oil changes about every 5k miles - overly conservative for sure.

I asked the dealer what usually breaks on the higher mileage cars and the response was they are pretty good - control arms and such (usual wear items). If you are handy, and have access to a good indy for major (time consuming) items I feel like these things will last a while.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2016 tdiv6 with 37k here... warranty is ending in about a month... any notable items i should have dealer check and does anyone have experience with third party warranty companies? id like to extend my coverage before the manufacturers expires next month

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have them check all your suspension parts. Ball joints control arms and all bushings. I've had to redo my AC system, new brakes, new air ride compressor and a couple other things. I have a 16 TD with 90k on it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had an engine blow a rod, score a crank shaft, dent a piston head, and bend valves 57 days after purchase... A $39,000 repair job under the 3rd "Turd Party" named "Easy-Care" which was anything but "Easy" finally paid for... Yeah, if you aren't the first owner get the Extended Warranty from ANYONE but "Easy-Care"... YMMV...

Reactions: sniketas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have them check all your suspension parts. Ball joints control arms and all bushings. I've had to redo my AC system, new brakes, new air ride compressor and a couple other things. I have a 16 TD with 90k on it.
Thanks joe that’s a huge help.. My 16 has 38k but I live in constant fear 😊... well, happiness and fear

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks joe that’s a huge help.. My 16 has 38k but I live in constant fear 😊... well, happiness and fear
Same here. Isn't my oil out for analysis to see how the motor is looking. I see anything bad I'm trading this thing in for a 4 runner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts