RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to us 2007 supercharged with 35K miles.

Took it in to get a bill of health on her and have a few things done. The list included:

First time to dealer 2 weeks ago:

Intermittent steering column adjustability
Update ECU and TCU to current software
Update Infotainment system to current software
Update bluetooth system to current software to fix any pairing issues
Replace all 4 faded door handles
Replace faded front cowl at base of windshield
35K mile scheduled maintenance

My SA informed me that the door handles and front cowl most likely would not be covered but he'd take pictures and send them to LR USA. As it turns out, they approved it all! So happy about that.

Second time to dealer today:

My second key came in so they needed to program that at a price of $122.00
Update bluetooth system to enable phonebook download
Diagnose squeaky brakes

Brake pads are getting low, and the rotors are starting to get a small lip, causing the squeal. I was told to that I would get another 5-6K miles out of them. The dealer (NON-LandRover) that I purchased the truck from ordered, and paid for, the key in advance. It just took a few weeks to come in. Upon arrival, I was to be charged $122.00 for programming, that would be reimbursed from the dealership that I purchased the truck from. When I asked for the phonebook feature, my SA looked at me like I was from Mars. He had never heard of it and proceeded to tell me that my phones were not compatible and that's why it wasn't working. Armed with information from this very forum, I produced the technical bulletin : LTB00095 NAS2 and showed it to him. His response was that he'd look into it. As we know, that particular TSB clearly states that this not be covered under warranty, and the customer is to be charged 1 hour labor, and I was fully prepared for this. When everything was done, my SA pulled me aside and said "The tech wanted to charge you for another hour's labor on top of the hour to program the key. We're not gonna do that. He should've been able to do both in an hour, honestly. Don't worry, we'll over charge you for something on your next visit. :D "

So there you have it. I now have a fully functional Rover, with two keys, all programmable interfaces up to date, all faded pieces replaced and scheduled maintenance, all performed gratis.

Land Rover ownership has been pleasant so far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: Warranty covered a few things that I didn't expect. Yay!

:doh: never pay to program keys!! You can do it yourself in 10 seconds!!

1) Get in and close all doors. Turn ignition on and off quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).

2) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, while holding down the "unlock" button, press the "lock" button three times. Release the "unlock" button. (You may or may not get the confirmation from the door locks.) Holding the key at your head level provides best results as the key sensor is in the rear window.

3) Repeat for each key within 30 seconds after the last one you initialized (again if you have more).

4) Right after doing the last key, quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on/off again to finalize.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Good DIY, but it doesn't apply of 07's.....

·
Registered
952 Posts

Good news!

FYI I couldn't get my second key to program using those above instructions, it doesn't work for all RRs. I paid the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Wow - congrats. I love that "my car is 100% fixed and it didn't cost me a dime" feeling. Cannot beat that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts