RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 has nearly 8oK miles. Pads/rotors were done 30K ago. I am now getting a vibration and shaking of the steering wheel every time I brake. This occurs between 30 and 20 mph. The car is rock solid otherwise. The lug nuts are tight and there are no grooves on the rotors. Front diff has been replaced under the recall. The lower ball joints have been replaced. Is this the sign of a warped rotor?? Any other ideas??
Thanks.

·
Registered
641 Posts
could well be warped rotors.

Could also be that the pads have worn down the rotor, but not worn down the very outermost edge of the rotor so that you have a lip around the very outermost edge. I've had it where the lip gets to the point that sections of it break off and the lip becomes uneven, and catches the pad. End result being juddering under braking.

If you feel it directly through the steering wheel, then most likely its the fronts. If you feel it through your seat or generally as though its coming through the cabin, then more likely the rears.

30k miles on a set of pads ? not really that unreasonable. Its a fairly simple, 'can be done yourself' type of job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts