RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about every time I get in the Rover and turn the key I get bombarded with warnings.
Low washer fluid...nope it’s full
Check coolant....about 1/8” over the line
Check side light...all are working
Check tire pressure...no specific tire just the yellow light on dash, all pressures are spot on, light blinks at me about every 3-5 minutes.
The coolant I can see replacing the tank and sensor, but can’t find a washer fluid sensor or tank anywhere, all bulbs are good as I check every time the warning comes on.
I had new tires put on about 4 months ago and all was good for about a month then light started the blinking again

it’s making me go nuts.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
659 Posts
I just started experiencing the same thing. My vehicle has been darn near perfect until now.
License plate light out. Nope. Both bulbs are lit.
Front side light. Working fine.
The best one yet. Check engine light came on. We plugged into it. No codes. Nothing was wrong. Not a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
383 Posts
Any of you scanned your bcu module and or the whole system for faults?

·
Registered
659 Posts
We scanned mine.
I’m just wondering if this is a very early symptom of battery issues.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Range Rovers eat batteries for breakfast. All that $72,000 worth of electronic cupholders and such. For starters, check that out when drunken gremlins seemingly take over your electronics (much preferred overy the meth gremlins -- those are the WORST). My 2004 has a documented history of demanding a new battery every 4.5 years, whereas my VW doesn't care if I keep the same one over 7 years. If your ride takes an H8 battery, you might be able to slip in a modestly larger H9. Google "battery replacement data book."

·
Registered
546 Posts
Range Rovers eat batteries for breakfast. All that $72,000 worth of electronic cupholders and such. For starters, check that out when drunken gremlins seemingly take over your electronics (much preferred overy the meth gremlins -- those are the WORST). My 2004 has a documented history of demanding a new battery every 4.5 years, whereas my VW doesn't care if I keep the same one over 7 years. If your ride takes an H8 battery, you might be able to slip in a modestly larger H9. Google "battery replacement data book."
Anyone ever considered that “eating batteries” might be corrosion on the OTHER end of the battery cable?

Take for example the way the VDS leads connect under the hood... that’s the overall jankiness you are dealing with throughout the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yup I have all those too but nothing wrong, part of the experience I guess
not at all.. the alarms sound if there is a problem.. it is not normal.. from the sounds of it you may have a faulty BCM.. the main brain that controls all the messaging . The module that monitors and sends ot messages is faulty. Start by checking that unit.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Any of you scanned your bcu module and or the whole system for faults?
I have i use RSW solutions program and i can see every item on my computer. everything is working correctly and i only had one fault , the drivers side mirror potentiometer is defective.. you wont see the BCU as a singular entity , you will see a drop down list of all systems and you click to open and read/reset faults...work your way down...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can't speak for others' rides, but I've checked all the cables on mine visually and with a multimeter, and they check OK. The beast simply goes through batteries every 4.5 years. Once again, $72,000 of hungry electronics insisting on being fed.

·
Registered
2006 HSE full size 4.4
25 Posts
not at all.. the alarms sound if there is a problem.. it is not normal.. from the sounds of it you may have a faulty BCM.. the main brain that controls all the messaging . The module that monitors and sends ot messages is faulty. Start by checking that unit.
I only take the vehicle out on the weekends for fishing expeditions or going to cabin etc so doesn’t bother me enough to diagnose. As long as she runs and drives good and air suspension works I’m happy. But I can see how others who daily these could get annoyed by all the warning messages. I know the coolant one is common and is solved by replacing the coolant reservoir with new float sensor thing but other than that ya sure could be the BCM or battery voltage issues who knows

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,148 Posts
The battery in one or more of our TPMS sensors is probably dying. I had one that would do that when it got cold (the cold affected the battery in the wheel more than when it was warm out) as one of my tire sensors was dying and I would get the unspecified tire low pressure alarm. When the batteries are good you do get the specific tire warning (LF,LR, Spare, etc.).

Any LED bulbs installed in the side markers? May not be Canbus rated, that will cause the check light message even though its working fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just about every time I get in the Rover and turn the key I get bombarded with warnings.
Low washer fluid...nope it’s full
Check coolant....about 1/8” over the line
Check side light...all are working
Check tire pressure...no specific tire just the yellow light on dash, all pressures are spot on, light blinks at me about every 3-5 minutes.
The coolant I can see replacing the tank and sensor, but can’t find a washer fluid sensor or tank anywhere, all bulbs are good as I check every time the warning comes on.
I had new tires put on about 4 months ago and all was good for about a month then light started the blinking again

it’s making me go nuts.
had 2018 RR td6 for 14 months and 60 days in the shop..................you name i got the alarm
pure torture
they took it back

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
Wow, wow, wow! Boy am I glad to read this thread...been going crazy trying to figure things out too. Nice to know I am not alone. Good thread to share, appreciate it!

·
Registered
659 Posts
So it happened to me again.
Check Engine light came on. Next day it was off.
After just two events I narrowed it down to one common denominator.
Check Engine light came on while towing a trailer.
We are still not getting any codes stored.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
I wish I had some advice. I am getting a warning light for my smart key battery, despite having replaced it recently. Haven’t had any weird issues before now.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
268 Posts
I've recently owned 3 L322s at the same time and just sold the MY06 ive owned for 7 years. I have not had to replace a battery even once in 7 years on that older Rover. Some of my Rovers sit for a month at a time without use and don't have battery issues.

Although electrical gremlins are common when voltage drops, Rovers don't eat batteries for breakfast, that is just not true and unfair to scare someone unnecessarily.

If your battery consistently goes flat you have a battery drain and not simply a bad battery. Not resolving that drain will cause the appearance of constantly failing batteries.

BTW both my current MY12s weren't $70,000 new. More like $135,000 for the Autobiography and $110,000 for the SC (ive got the OEM window stickers).

Maybe if you spent more your battery would be more reliable? (Kidding, kidding).

Note: BTW Bosch batteries are what i use and they do have a 4 year full swap warranty with roadside assistance. Not proration like most manufacturers.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
51 Posts
Just a hunch but does your rig need to be told that it has a new battery installed? one of those fangled smart electrical system?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts