RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now had my new RRS for around two weeks. Yesterday was the very first time that I noticed that, in direct sunlight, Santorini black has to be just about the ugliest colors I've ever seen! Had I noticed, I certainly wouldn't have bought the car. It's awful. Looks like something out of the 1980's. Tons of purple and pink metal flake. Makes the car look crazy. Don't believe me or think I'm exaggerating, find one and look at it in direct sunlight. What were they thinking!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yikes! That's too bad! I had contemplated getting that with the ivory interior but couldn't find it anywhere. Went with the Nara Bronze instead. It's not as sophisticated and executive looking as black but it'll work for me. I guess you'll just have to drive yours out at night! 8)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Nupe, offroading? Did 3E's pics of the Rimini Red RRS post-turtling inspire you to sell the 22's and buy a Warn bumper winch? :D

I have to wonder if Santorini Black is a tongue in cheek attempt by LR on color naming. The first color I think of when someone mentions Santorini (or Mykonos) is row upon row of bright white houses or maybe the bright blue sea.

·
Registered
41 Posts
....I liked it so much I bought the co.lour (with apologies to Victor Kayem) There is no doubt that the metallic flakes do bring a different dimension to the paint when the car is in bright sunlight. The paint is a more muted black in duller light and has an almost mica look in stronger sunlight . I guess it's down to the eye of the beholder. Sorry you bought one with Santorini Black and don't like it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Nupe, offroading? Did 3E's pics of the Rimini Red RRS post-turtling inspire you to sell the 22's and buy a Warn bumper winch? :D

I have to wonder if Santorini Black is a tongue in cheek attempt by LR on color naming. The first color I think of when someone mentions Santorini (or Mykonos) is row upon row of bright white houses or maybe the bright blue sea.
Yep I have the bug. One of the Dads in my sons KG class has a discovery and talked to me about some small trails near Junction City Kansas. Next year we will set up a camping trip and take the NupeRover out for a spin.

3 weekends ago, the field that we park in for our sons Flag Football games was nasty. A couple cars got stuck in the mud. The NupeRover rolled through like we were driving on concrete. When we parked, both the boy and I looked at the truck and yelled, "OFF-ROADIN!!!" My 22's were completely covered in nastyness. I LOVED IT!!!.

I think Im more of a mud, and slippin and slidin type guy.

Yep!!! I have the bug!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Philip, are you sure that wasn't Bournville? My dealer has a Santorini on the lot and I didn't notice that, I'll have to go look at it again.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Nupe, that's great! :thumb: Start out slow and you'll find this car is almost impossible to get stuck...it's a whole new driving dimension and one of the primary reasons to own this vehicle IMO--even if you don't like the color :D .

It's always a huge hit with my 5 yr old to go driving on the many class 4/5 roads and snowmobile trails up in VT. When I emerge from a seldom-used trail in the woods in a RRS w NJ plates, wife, dog, and child in the child seat, I have to break out laughing because we get jaw dropping stares from the locals. I'm sure they wonder how we got that lost, and how we made it through that trail.

·
Registered
270 Posts
ON TOPIC - Who wants pink and purple flecks on their truck anyway?

OFF TOPIC \ THREAD HI-JACK - So Goose, my Dad-in-law owns some some acreage out here and lets hunters use his land. If I just put my stock 19's back on, will I be ok in the snow in the back 40, or should I still get some "made for offroad tires".

Answer quick. Denver got dumped on last week. We are next!!!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
kstatenupe said:
Answer quick. Denver got dumped on last week. We are next!!!
Snow in the stock Conti's? OK up to about 3-4" then the fun starts.

On the plus side, if you bought a color you don't like its a good way to get an insurance settlement and get the color you really want.

P.S. note how I brought that back on topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts