RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As those who live in England we are having summer today (Well 25c or 80f) so I've had my heater on "Lo" and it still blowing warmish air feels around 18 or 19c??

No book symbol, gets hotter if you turn it up, all different directions works ok (So not blend flaps I think?)??

Does it just need re-gassing or is it something else??

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

The blend flap motors mix the air that goes through the heater matrix which warms up air with the help of the coolingwater that flows through it and with the air that has come through the evaporator of the AC system. The motor that directs the air to whatever vent you want is a different motor and called the circulation flap motor.

If both sides only have warm air coming out check first if your AC is on. This means that the light from the AC button in the HEAVAC ECU must be off. After this check if your AC compressor engages. If you have a V8 the AC compressor is right above the left side of the engine and you can see the clutch engaging and disengaging in normal circumstances.

If so far all is working feel the pipes carefully. The discharge pipes should be very hot and the suction pipes very cold.

If this is all the case then you might have stuck blend flaps at both sides at the same time. It is more likely that your AC is switched off or doesn´t work properly because of the lack of gas or another cause like faulty clutch or seized compressor.

Do all the mentioned checks and report back what you found and some of us might point you in the right direction to solve your problem.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok checked metal pipes coming of the pump (Right of engine as you look at it at rocker cover level?) and one is really hot (so Hot I nearly burnt myself!) and the other is warm-hot, the air con is definatly on because on cooler days it does kinda blow cool air not freezing like it should...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts