Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 SC V6 that I bought recently, I'm not loving it and I want to get rid of it. I signed something saying I would keep it for a year and not sell it, and I'm regretting it. I'm not trying to make money off the car, I just want out. I've found a Cayenne Turbo that I really like, and the dealer will take my car in as a trade, and give me my payoff amount off, plus $3000-$4000. It's got 11,000 miles and is 5 months old.

Will I get in trouble for trading in my car to an authorized porsche dealer? What if it's sold at auction (which he said is what's done to a vehicle he gets as trades that are not porsches).

Thanks to anyone with some input.

J

·
Banned
86 Posts
What are they going to do put you in jail...come on. Sell it and who cares.

RR may put you on a do not sell to list, but who cares, sounds like the brand is not for you.

BTW, that Porsche is a good one. Just make sure you buy the Turbo right, as it's one of the worst depreciating cars on the market. I mean really bad. There is a dealer that has 8 on his lot that I know...with new model change and bad depreciation, it's a hard one to justify. Just handles great.

Trust me. I've gone through 3 911's, and I know the Cayenne Turbo well (plus they are changing design next year--dealer won't tell you that).

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
What are they going to do put you in jail...come on. Sell it and who cares.

RR may put you on a do not sell to list, but who cares, sounds like the brand is not for you.

BTW, that Porsche is a good one. Just make sure you buy the Turbo right, as it's one of the worst depreciating cars on the market. Trust me. I've gone through 3 911's, and I know the Cayenne Turbo well (plus they are changing design next year--dealer won't tell you that).
I have a 2014 full size and 2014 Sport. Both V6. I'm ditching my Sport.
My dealer said he would take it back and pay sticker. I also called another dealer that never gets Sports and they said they would buy it back at sticker as well.

I

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Can you elaborate on the 911 situation? I almost took the C4S home over a RRS. Never liked cayenne anyway. The RRS with a V6 wasn't for me either, but one test drive with the V8 sold it, so I understand OP not liking it.

Porsche sales man tried hard to get me to take the Porsche saying people trade RR/S all day long for Cayenne because oh it's so superior an SUV. I got irritated and told him am not people and I don't care what people feels this is about me. :)

As for not selling for one year it has nothing to do with holding on to the car. It's about not exporting it to a third market as a gray market car to mess up JLR business model. Specifically propel been exporting these cars to Asia and Africa enmass and it's legally ambiguous at best too, and FBI cracked down on known exporters and consficated some cars but one of the guys won he case in court and got his impounded vehicles back so until the law gets tested in a higher court then you are in uncharted territory. I wouldn't worry regardless. If I want to sell it am selling regardless of what agreements I may have signed. And if they ban me screw them it's not like I can't use a relative to straw buy it if I really want it or go to a different manufacturer. There really isn't much they can do. Sell it of you want to. I'd see if someone wil give me more than the dealer before I sell it back to them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm with texex91. I currently have a 2014 Cayenne Diesel, and passed on the GTS and Turbo (which I really wanted) because of the colossal depreciation. Buying used would've helped, but I really wanted a brand-new vehicle this time around. It's hard for me to keep a car longer than a year, and I couldn't get past the thought of $2000+ per month in depreciation. I miss the V8 thrust and exhaust sounds every time I get into the Diesel, but it has the lowest depreciation of any Cayenne, my entire $0 down lease payment for a $72K car is barely $1K/month, and I get 700 miles/28+ mpg on an all-highway tank of fuel. Just something else to consider, or I'd look at a lightly used 2013 GTS or Turbo and save yourself $20-30K.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
942 Posts
How much is he going to buy it from you for?

What color?

What options?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts