RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

This topic is mainly aimed at folks in the UK for reasons below.

Im here in Sunny South Africa and I want the T4 system for a few reasons like relearning the various modules or ECUs.
I have family over in the UK who are going to have a splendid true lazy hot and sweaty christams here in the RSA I thought
it would be nice if they could bring it over for me, question is are they (not the family..) available good 2nd hand or am I
wasting my time.

Anyone know prices and availability and from where, would be much appreciated or is the faultmate/rovacom as good

thanks

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I'd say T4 would be the best choice in that it has reached its update life, so there is no need to update via internet or receive CD's via the
postal system.

After sales support there is pretty good as well provided you ask for the right person.

The only issue you may have is that the later models are not covered. The UCM goes part way to covering these and that is about another 1K plus on the price of the T4.

It is a very reliable tool which does the job without any flashy gimics or dishonest marketing. It works well though, and when reprogramming ECU's etc, it is reliable and won't leave you in the lurch.

If you want new, it would be about 4K. That includes everything including an Acer laptop and all the pre-OBDII cables, as well as diagnostic clamps for in-depth guided diagnostics. Mine was delivered in 2 black ready-bags (very large laptop/utility bags) to allow mobility.

Contact Gina Hornby or Jon Harper at Omitec - www.omitec.com, otherwise PM me and I can put you in contact with my local distributor in Taunton, Somerset.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
viperover said:
Hi all.

Anyone know prices and availability and from where, would be much appreciated or is the faultmate/rovacom as good

thanks
I just got the faultmate MSV 2 extreme - about 500 euros.

I got it limited to one vehicle and have yet to start using it in anger.

Let me know if you want to see it in action.

·
Registered
646 Posts
SpiggyTopes said:
viperover said:
Hi all.

thanks
I just got the faultmate MSV 2 extreme - about 500 euros.

I got it limited to one vehicle and have yet to start using it in anger.

Let me know if you want to see it in action.
Have no experience with the T4 but Faultmate is a little buggy. If you can deal with having bugs and having to wait for the guys at bbs to fix those bugs its not a bad solution. Remember they may not have the same holidays as you and it may seem like their hours are strange depending on where you are from.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YIkes.....was quoted R85000 here in SA for a Omnitec....Uk around 4000 would actually pay for me to fly to the UK and buy one, have a good holiday and come back, work the Omnitec a bit and fly back in a few years to buy a newer one...

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
PM Allyv8 and ask him if one can be freighted out to SA? He has contacts in high places at Omitec... :lol:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rich998a said:
PM Allyv8 and ask him if one can be freighted out to SA? He has contacts in high places at Omitec... :lol:
You will be charged import duty + VAT if you have one sent to SA. :crybaby2:
When I was still living there,I was charged this on the MSV I had sent in from Cyprus.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John W said:
Rich998a said:
You will be charged import duty + VAT if you have one sent to SA. :crybaby2:
When I was still living there,I was charged this on the MSV I had sent in from Cyprus.
Things are looking up here abit, today recieved 4 brake fluid reservoirs and 3 transfer box VCUs zero import duty.....rare

Just had a quick search on flea bay and noticed that the software is available, is this any use on a laptop or will I be needing a server of sorts.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts