RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a mostly stock 1990 RRC, went offroad last weekend and got the front, sides and back battered! Friend of mine recommended a 2" lift by inseting aluminium spacers between the spring and chasis, claims it will not affect the ride at all. Anyone have any experience here?

·
Registered
100 Posts
considering same... i would imagine taller springs would do the trick but for cost i think spacers is fine... im looking into fabricating some when i get some extra time. if you go with spacers take some pics of install etc...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I don't know much about this sort of thing, but there has been plenty of discussion on here in the past. A search should give you some ideas.

From memory Nicky Ill and P76 Rangie both had (differing) opinions on the subject.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an OME 2" lift. I added a 2" spacer lift as you are describing. By myself with basic tools it took me 4 hours and most of that was on the first half cause I didnt know what I was doing. Second half was like butter. Its easy. I did a toddco lift. I had many questions and they were always there to help when I called. ( they probably laughed at me as a green horn.....) but it did help a ton!

·
Registered
23 Posts
You might want to consider a body lift first. Then you keep the center of gravity lower ( since chassis is not being raised). Just remember to lengthen the seat bealt fasteners for the rear seats.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
201 Posts
Blocks are a bad way to lift a Rover, the factory springs are very soft and raising the truck will certainly impact the handling. Get some springs and appropriate shocks. Body lifts are for pickup trucks and jeeps..

·
Registered
794 Posts
You might also consider fender trimming and slightly taller tyres. Going up 2" in tyre dia yields a 1" lift. The lift you get from larger meats is in my opinion your best lift, as the axles go up too, gaining ground clearance. Most, not all, oversize tyres are wider, which increases track width, which increases your chances of keeping the greasy side down. There are more opinions on how to lift than there are ways to lift. YMMV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts