Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Everyone has their own taste. On some of the special editions, I find that the wood trim looks like they just tapped it on, while others look OEM and very nice. I want to upgrade mine with more wood trim, but primarily around the center console so it looks like it is a 2002. Currently I am looking for new tires, so the wood isn't a high priority right now :D .

·
Registered
701 Posts
Well, I think mine is real wood on the doors and above the glove box, and it is an SE. I have a good eye for pointing out when wood is fake or real in a car. My fathers escalade has fake wood everywhere, except the steering wheel. A thin strip around the wheel is a real wood veneer, rest is FAKE. I know the wood in the center console of my rover is fake, it is very clear. I am almost certain that the rest if real though. The key is looking at the shine and contrast of the wood in different light. The wood itself will sparkle or change different to different shades in varying light. Plastic will remain unchanged. Only one car has ALMOST fooled me, and that was the hyundai genesis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.