RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Waiting for 2006 Range rover sports parts for a long time....

Hello,

I purchased 2006 model RRS in Turkey about a year ago and unluckily had a traffic accident about 3 months ago.
This accident caused my driver and passenger airbags blown off + some other minor damages.
I left it to service company fix the damage under insurance. However, the service company cannot get the dash which was damaged after airbag blew (the part over the front airbags behind windscreen). It has been 3 months since I have been waiting for these parts. The authorized service company (Borusan oto) says that they requested this part from UK but they do not have it available ready, it is back-ordered and do not know when will they ship it!!! Borusan oto says that they do not get satisfactory reply form RR in UK.

How that is possible to wait for a part for 3 months and still do not know how long more!!!
Why the service company cannot get this part from RR factory?
Is that a RR production problem?
How can i trust RR parts supply anymore?
What do you recommend to solve that issue?

chassis no: SALLSAA146A922943

Thank you and best regards.

Hikmet Özbalkan

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Re: Waiting for 2006 Range rover sports parts for a long time....

And what is it you would like us to do? We are just a bunch of owners with RRS's and have no affiliation with LR or Tata Motor.

Also I've never been to Turkey but I have to imagine some things may be a bit messed up logistically speaking right now?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Re: Waiting for 2006 Range rover sports parts for a long time....

Is yours a left or right hand drive, with or without navigation. Was at the dealer here - if it's the same part numbers as my 2006, it will cost

1. $922 for for the dash
2. $45 for a speaker grill
3. 23 for another cover - not sure what that is.

if you want I can try facilitate the purchase and ship it to you if it's a left hand drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts