RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All. As the title says. I ordered this in September, and was told arrival by December. Now I feel it's halfway through the model year and the wait has been long in the tooth, and not necessarily the bang for the buck I expected. I read on this forum that orders for 2020's would begin in March (although others disagreed). Honestly, if that's the case, and the 2020's are supposed to have newer engine options, maybe I should defer on this 2019 and order for delivery at the start of the 2020 model year.
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
there's always going to be a newer, better one coming. if that's what you look at, you'll never be happy.
take what you have now, and enjoy every moment in it.

TBH with Brexit and such, the Defender launch, the new Evoque, I wouldn't be surprised if we were stuck with MY19 thru the calendar year. That would only be a 3-5 months delay from a typical model year.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
Personally, if I had another car to drive, I’d just wait and order a 2020.

Sometimes it backfires, I waited for a 2018 RRS SVR and while I love everything about the redesign, I don’t love that they tamed down the exhaust.
But all the other upgrades made it worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I think the chances of the next one not taking at least 5 months is slim. That timeline is pretty typical for an sv

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
You can drive a car, and you can drive a Range Rover SV. And you choose the car? Disappointing, man :)
Lol. I mean it could be a really nice car also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I saw the "car" at the dealership and it is amazing. They feel the 2020 SV Dynamic won't be available till this time next year, so I think I will move on it. Likely an outright purchase.
Meribel White Pear in satin matte
Black roof
22" 5087 wheels
Black interior with grand black veneer
Meridien, etc.
Already had it ceramic coated and they will tint the front glass to match the rear passengers. After delivery, I will have a dash cam installed. Maybe other minor upgrades. I skipped the retractable steps--just so expensive for what you get and it's not like the truck is particularly tall.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds beautiful and unique! Do not for get to post pics for the rest of us! Enjoy! ;-)

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
945 Posts
WOW! I wish I could afford a brand new L405 Autobiography. I couldn't even find a used one in my price range when I was searching last month. In my opinion, I don't think the 2020MY will be that much of a change to make it worth the wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts