RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I'v no idea where you are from, as you couldn't be bothered to read the rues and post your location, but that was the first time I've ever heard a motor referred to as "ICE". And hopefully the last.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'v no idea where you are from, as you couldn't be bothered to read the rues and post your location, but that was the first time I've ever heard a motor referred to as "ICE". And hopefully the last.
Not sure where ya'll are from but I've been a tesla owner for years and that's how we determine the difference in engine and "motor". I'm pretty sure you will hear ICE alot more.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
I'm pretty sure you will hear ICE alot more.
Doubtful. The spark plug and glow plug folks here don't use slang. We talk in proper terms like petrol, gas or diesel. :thumb:

Don't get me wrong, the P400e is an exciting new chapter for JLR but realistically I couldn't even make it to the barber and back home on the electric only range.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Not sure where ya'll are from but I've been a tesla owner for years and that's how we determine the difference in engine and "motor". I'm pretty sure you will hear ICE alot more.

Explains everything, thanks for clearing that up.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Especially since you have your location in your profile Martin... and he doesn't know where you are from.

BTW: the battery pack makes an impact on the cargo space but it does not impact the wading depth so all L494s have the same wading depth Just as all 405s have the same wading depth.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
You are strongly advised to use the engine when wading to reduce the risk of the exhausts flooding, or becoming clogged. In fact I think the engine firing might be automatic but I am not sure how it detects wading without the wade sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are strongly advised to use the engine when wading to reduce the risk of the exhausts flooding, or becoming clogged. In fact I think the engine firing might be automatic but I am not sure how it detects wading without the wade sensor.
Thanks. My dealer couldn't provide any info to my question. When you look at the picture I attached, the main battery is high above the ground but the 2 that I circled in red are relatively close to the ground which would be the problem if they are not waterproof.
rrs.jpg

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Since when the physical location under a person's profile in a car forum really means anything? 8)

Since when OEM's make different options for different markets. Not to mention plain common sense.... If you need a hand, which is why most post here, doesn't it make things easier to know what market their rig is from? The simple answer is yes, of course it does.
So there is the answer to your ASSumption of location not mattering. Did I mention reading the guidelines for this very forum?

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Since when the physical location under a person's profile in a car forum really means anything? 8)
The forum guidelines explain that, have you read them? I looked up the IP you signed up with. You set up your membership with an IP from texas... doesn;t help at all on this topic. It also does not help to use obscure slang that has nothing to do with your topic. You did not need to bring the entire "ICE" thing into this thread. A simple google search of petrol, diesel and p400 specs shows wading depth to be identical.

Location can assist you when wanting local indie or making choices between two local dealers. and it is not "under your profile it should be in your profile so it shows in every post.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Thanks. My dealer couldn't provide any info to my question. When you look at the picture I attached, the main battery is high above the ground but the 2 that I circled in red are relatively close to the ground which would be the problem if they are not waterproof.
Range Rovers have been double sealed at the doors since 1995 any thing in the cabin is water proof for for proper wading maneuver. If you are untrained on wading a bit of water or unable to create a proper bow wave to send the water down each side of the Rover you should not be under taking such a maneuver off road. Again the wading depths are the same for all models of 494s so your concern is unwarranted. Remember when wading you are moving continuously. It's not like you are driving to the middle of a stream and parking.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I seem to remember stuff like this being in the owners manuals to our collection of Rovers....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since when OEM's make different options for different markets. Not to mention plain common sense.... If you need a hand, which is why most post here, doesn't it make things easier to know what market their rig is from? The simple answer is yes, of course it does.
So there is the answer to your ASSumption of location not mattering. Did I mention reading the guidelines for this very forum?
So the wading depth will change for different markets? I don't believe so. Then what's the point to ask where I'm from?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
So the wading depth will change for different markets? I don't believe so. Then what's the point to ask where I'm from?

If you want to act like a child, go right ahead. It's certainly how you are coming off.
It's in the much ignored guidelines, to put your location. Simple. If you dont care to follow the rules here, we can fix that for you.

Martin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The forum guidelines explain that, have you read them? I looked up the IP you signed up with. You set up your membership with an IP from texas... doesn;t help at all on this topic. It also does not help to use obscure slang that has nothing to do with your topic. You did not need to bring the entire "ICE" thing into this thread. A simple google search of petrol, diesel and p400 specs shows wading depth to be identical.

Location can assist you when wanting local indie or making choices between two local dealers. and it is not "under your profile it should be in your profile so it shows in every post.
I did google it and found it amazing. But did you know that it's strongly advised to use ENGINE instead of Hybrid or pure EV when wading. Do you know how the hybrid will react when wading?

For "ICE", oh my, it's commonly used in ALL car forums. Anyways, I brought "ICE" into discussion because Cayenne hybrid has only half of the wading depth compared to its "ICE" siblings. Thanks for the chance to introduce "ICE" to this community.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts