Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what wade sensing was left off the US spec? I can't seem to rationalize why we can't have it.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
The system probably needs testing and certification from DOT or other Federal agency to be street legal in the US, certification which Land Rover either applied for but didn't get, or didn't apply for due to cost / time involved. Wade sensing seems to follow the same fate of Dual View front touchscreen, Venture cam, etc., cool tech features available on higher end Land Rover models abroad in the past that never quite made it here. Ultimately, we can still blame our lawyers, and maybe our bureaucracy. ;-)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't worry you r not missing anything. I have wade sensing option on my RRS and it is pretty much useless because sensors are under side mirrors behind the camera. They get blocked easily and stop working. A little bit mud and they are offline. Plus by the time sensors detect the depth of water you are already in it half way so what's the point!? Only option I regret that I paid for it ;(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
The system probably needs testing and certification from DOT or other Federal agency to be street legal in the US, certification which Land Rover either applied for but didn't get, or didn't apply for due to cost / time involved. Wade sensing seems to follow the same fate of Dual View front touchscreen, Venture cam, etc., cool tech features available on higher end Land Rover models abroad in the past that never quite made it here. Ultimately, we can still blame our lawyers, and maybe our bureaucracy. ;-)
DualView is indeed a DOT thing - it didn't get approved for the US, according to LR NA. There's probably some language in a law that won't allow these things through. I hope the HUD will get thru though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts