RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who bought Vreds when the snow was bad. Are you still running them and are the ok now the roads are dry? I'm considering them as an all year round tyre but wonder if wear is an issue through summer. Also are they noisey on the motorway?

·
Registered
232 Posts
yes they are fine, very good in fact. Comparing the tyres to other AT tyres they look just like an AT tyre with sipes for use on icy roads, got the best of both worlds, hence why they called them Wintrac's, i.e. Winter and Track. Would definitely buy again. They also have a glorious hum when you boot it! not loud just noticeable, plus I am hoping / should get more than the 20k I got out of the Scorpions

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the now for about 3 years full time , I do not change between summer and winter tyres

I have the same wintrac under my Merc R class, and those I have also the whole year round

·
Registered
543 Posts
Gazellio.

This is Vinniman - been back from overseas just over two months now and apologies for not responding to your last posting in late January 2010 asking for input !

What is the specification of those Wintrac's your running, as I'd be interested to find out their tempreture rating and speed rating as stamped on their sidewalls ?

Are they a soft compound winter tyre to start with, aiding grip in slush or snow and does the rubber harden the more tread is worn down or do they remain soft.

I'd be interested to hear your feedback on your new to arrive FFRR 2010 model as first images I've seen on the interior with the two tone effect looks gorgeous.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great !! Thanks All. you've convinced me to stick on some Wintracs. They're going for a resonable price at the mo and my pirrelis are getting low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts