RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change the Voice Recognition ECU's language? Is it set globally from the BCM/Market Spec? So if I plug a German one in it will pick up that it's in an English car? Or does it need to be configured by the stealer?

Basically I want to add Voice Rec' and I've come across a German ECU, I've already got the steering wheel button, and will need to add the mic.

Dan

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Is it possible to change the Voice Recognition ECU's language? Is it set globally from the BCM/Market Spec? So if I plug a German one in it will pick up that it's in an English car? Or does it need to be configured by the stealer?

Basically I want to add Voice Rec' and I've come across a German ECU, I've already got the steering wheel button, and will need to add the mic.

Dan
I would not bother its a rubbish system that rarely understands what you say and my English is quite BBC!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gazellio said:
Dan_UK_1984 said:

Dan
I would not bother its a rubbish system that rarely understands what you say and my English is quite BBC!
Perhaps that's the problem, Land Rover are obviously marketing the Range Rover to a different crowd, init blud.

Have you tried: "Oi ho, take me to where me homeys hang out init."

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Gazellio said:
[quote="Dan_UK_1984":1kmwi2p3]Is it possible to change the Voice Recognition ECU's language? Is it set globally from the BCM/Market Spec? So if I plug a German one in it will pick up that it's in an English car? Or does it need to be configured by the stealer?

Dan
Perhaps that's the problem, Land Rover are obviously marketing the Range Rover to a different crowd, init blud.

Have you tried: "Oi ho, take me to where me homeys hang out init."[/quote:1kmwi2p3]

Yes I have - no luck either :crybaby2:

I first had voice recognition on my RRS in 2005 - never worked.

I then had it in the Discovery3 Metropolis - never worked so I took it back to Stratstones and they replaced the whole unit. Went home and it never worked either so I gave up. "Naviagation Zoom Out" ....."Command not recognised" ...."Navigation Zoom Out"...."Command not recognised"...."Navigation Zoom Out"...."Command not recognised"...."Navigation F**CK OFF" and that was that.

THen I had it in my 2005 V8 Vogue - Never worked.

And Finally my 2007 TDV8 Vogue - Most commands will not work.

It a really crap system and even a £11K new fiesta (My Mums) understands EVERY word I say or even the local take-away owner says :twisted:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts