Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'20 RRS P525 Eiger Gray
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all - first worked problems for sure!

I recently ordered a P400in Carpathian Gray with the Nickel Atlas (std) visual pack. I prefer not to select the Shadow exterior pack this time around. Where I need help is that using the online configurator for a P400, the standard Nickel Atlas looks to have a copper appearance to it. When using the configurator with an Autobiography, the standard is then Atlas, which appear very bright silver.

Is the Nickel Atlas really copper looking? I've looked online at pictures, but It seems most have the Shadow exterior pack or is a Autobiography.

Has anyone taken delivery of a P400 that has the standard Nickel Atlas who could post/share some pictures or point me to a source?

Any link or other photos of P400s that show the standard Nickel Atlas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, the standard "Atlas" is what the L405 had and I think worked better than the now standard "Nickel Atlas" -- I'm not a fan of the nickel with the machine/diamond turned alloys as it doesn't match -- it's too similar that it looks like an error -- like when trying to match white painted products in your home -- the off shades make everything look cheap.

I suspect in a few more model years they will refresh these like they have done with the L405 and eventually go body color or satin finish like the final refresh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am confused now. I ordered the shadow exterior pack with Fuji White, believing that Nickel exterior pack is not dark enough. Based on the photos above, even the stardard Nickel pack is dark. I wonder I should make a change in my order.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not sure about the photos as the OP said "believed" -- also given the these are metalized finishes they will vary with lighting and angle -- but if you see it in person, you can distinctly notice a difference between the nickel atlas vs standard atlas (same as current L405) vs shadow.

This looks closer to what I saw in person:
Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Standard Atlas these would closely match the alloy wheels.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Shadow they are essentially "graphite" grey that would closely match the dark corris grey used in Land Rover diamond turned wheels.
Gadget Font Communication Device Portable communications device Electric blue

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts