RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping 2013 RR Sports, and since I'm learning that most dealers don't seem to know if the car has Vision Assist (I actually have them start up the car and look, and very often, the car does have it). But this is slowing me down in my research.

Does anyone know where the side and front cameras are? Are they visible such that one could tell if a car had vision assist by looking at a photo? I had determined maybe there were two on the front lower bumper outside of two darker circles. But one dealership has an image with that showing, but the dealer swears up and down that the feature isn't installed. Any thoughts or images here would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the poor pictures but it was the best I could do when dark out.

Front cameras (Junction View) are in the bumper on either side of the license plate.

Side (Kerb View) cameras are on the underside of each side mirror.

Backup camera is in the rear hatch spoiler.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
You could also use vindecoderz.com to check a VIN for factory installed options. It'll tell you if it's got the vision assist package, or actually it'll say "surround camera system" as vision assist is blind spot monitoring and seperate from cameras.

I had the same challenge shopping for a MY12 L322 where surround cameras, adaptive cruise and factory tow bar were my mission critical features.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the poor pictures but it was the best I could do when dark out.

Hope this helps.

Oh, somehow I missed the alert on this when you first posted, but wanted to say thank you! Believe it or not, I could find no definitive info on this anywhere that I searched! Thanks for taking the time to take these pics! I'm sure it will help others on the forum too. It's amazing how poor the information on installed packages is on most car search sites! Great to have a visual way to check!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could also use vindecoderz.com to check a VIN for factory installed options. It'll tell you if it's got the vision assist package, or actually it'll say "surround camera system" as vision assist is blind spot monitoring and seperate from cameras.

I had the same challenge shopping for a MY12 L322 where surround cameras, adaptive cruise and factory tow bar were my mission critical features.
I did try a vin decoder, but it seemed like it was only covering the basics. I'll check out the one you posted too. I did find a car, but it's good to know these things for future searches!

Out of curiosity, how does one know if the car has adaptive cruise control?

Sheri

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh, somehow I missed the alert on this when you first posted, but wanted to say thank you! Believe it or not, I could find no definitive info on this anywhere that I searched! Thanks for taking the time to take these pics! I'm sure it will help others on the forum too. It's amazing how poor the information on installed packages is on most car search sites! Great to have a visual way to check!
Happy to help!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts