RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My DSE's viscous fan appears to be running even when the engine is cold. Is this correct? :?:

However, after a while the temp needle shows just below the centre mark & stays there. There is no heating issues at all. 8)

regds

kapila

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
it will always spin when the engine runs, how HARD it spins depends on temp. if there's no heating problems, it's likely fine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

It's not a original equipment part, right? lol

Aftermarket viscous fans starts to do that after a while.. It's not a very bad fault, the only thing is that the viscous is always on when you start the RR until reach a temperature when viscous gel is liquid again.. after that work normal.

If your's automatic like mine... you will make a lot of noise and scare everyone around :lol:

I'm using Disco 1 300tdi viscous fan in my P38 ;)

Regards,

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SERSAN said:
Hi,

It's not a original equipment part, right? lol

Aftermarket viscous fans starts to do that after a while.. It's not a very bad fault, the only thing is that the viscous is always on when you start the RR until reach a temperature when viscous gel is liquid again.. after that work normal.

If your's automatic like mine... you will make a lot of noise and scare everyone around :lol:

I'm using Disco 1 300tdi viscous fan in my P38 ;)

Regards,
Hi,
I have no idea whether it's genuine or not.
It was there when I bought the rangie.
Glad that it's normal operation bcse I 've plenty of issues to address.
BTW, It's good to hear that a 300TDi fan fits P38 as I can easily source the 300TDi fan incase I need one.

thanks & regds

regds

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shupack said:
it will always spin when the engine runs, how HARD it spins depends on temp. if there's no heating problems, it's likely fine.

Hi,
I think it spins really hard as I can feel the noice of air rushing thro.
Anyway, since no heating issues, I'll take it as fine.
:dance:
thnks & regds

kapila

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dennis,

Thnks. I'll keep that info in my data base.

regds

kapila

1 - 7 of 7 Posts