RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it on good authority (and just tried it myself) that the fan clutch for a '97 blazer (with a/c) is a perfect fit and works well. The shop owner that told me about it has about 80,000 miles on his and has installed many. Just need to get larger bolts (10x1.5x15mm) and slightly enlarge the bolt holes in the fan.

NAPA part# 271336, $52 retail, instead of:
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ERR4996.cfm $230..

Just thought I'd share.... the Napa part fits all serpentine belt engines, including later disco's and RRC's.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

This is great news :)

I´m searching for something similar to the diesel model... For my model the fan and viscous are 1 piece... :doh: :doh: :doh:

Regards,

·
Registered
361 Posts
And the P38 fan bolts on with no drama? Now to find a source over here . . . and see if it is economic.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A bunch of guys around here do that as preventative measures against overheating. I will tell you, however, that the s10/blazer fan sounds like a Cessna on the runway...if you like peace and quiet, dont do it.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bolts right up, just enlarge the holes 2 steps. I havnt been on the highway yet (will in a couple hours) but so far it sounds the same. And not the whole fan from a blazer, just the clutch..(if that's what you meant..)

·
Registered
269 Posts
From what I understand, the guys here in the mountains use the whole fan setup. I also had a square-body S-10 with that fan on it, and it would wake the dead. Had it straight piped, and there was no chance of hearing the motor over the fan

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spent several hours driving back/forth moving the shop across town, no difference in noise from the fan on road or highway, and running cooler.

My old clutch was on the way out, I could stop it by hand (with a thick leather glove on, just rest palm on the outer edge, don't stick your fingers in it....)

new clutch burnt a hole in my glove, 15 min to fit, 1/2 of that was looking for my step bits...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts