Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,965 Posts
How did you try turning the wheel? It will not just spin normally, you need to put a socket and big bar on the centre nut and then stand on the end of it. The wheel should turn very slowly with quite a lot of resistance.

What makes you think you have a problem?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Service repair no - 47.15.02
It say's: NOTE: Raise 1 front road wheel and rotate
propeller shaft as necessary to gain
access to all fixings.

I thought, that the wheel will spin with a little resistance.

The main problem is, that I have small vibration on speed higher than 90 km/h. All wheels are ballanced correctly.
Where do I look?

· LEGACY VENDOR
4,232 Posts
Here is a link to a youtube video made by a P38 owner awhile ago on how to test the VC on a P38:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddClDAIfXw

As rousecapri says, vibration is more likely to be a UJ on it's way out - or maybe even the bearing on the VC. I've just noticed that the output from the VC on mine has a bit of play on it (new front prop too) and that there is a tiny amount of play in the VC bearing... needless to say that is pretty high on the list of things to be swapped out when I'm next home!

· Banned
3,965 Posts
So you can rotate the proshaft to remove it, jack one front and one rear wheel off the ground and it will turn easily. Much easier than trying to turn the wheel against the viscous coupling.

· Registered
343 Posts
And don't forget to loosen the handbrake. (i.e. transmissionbrake)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.