RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the sneak peak prior to the powder coat. Glad I decided to go with these instead of the DPE's.

they'll be ready next week, with flat black lips and super dupa glossy black centers

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,157 Posts
Re: VIP Modular Twenty Foe's fa sho... hommie

well it's about time. even i was starting get a lil impatient. can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: VIP Modular Twenty Foe's fa sho... hommie

wow, they look really good already!! its gonna be ultra sick and ultra murdered out!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these were my first choice, but changed them to the vip's.

a comparison

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CONGRATS! looks like it was worth the wait, cant wait to see the finished product!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One question, I hear people (Umberto) saying you do not need two valve stems (TPMS & regular). How does this work? right now my "Supa Dupa Rub a Dub DUB's" (Poker,2008) have two; however,will I need two for my new rims or can the TPMS be utilized as the fill up valve as well?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
What does the receptacle for the valve stem look like on the new rims (can't tell by those pics)? Is there a traditional hole for a standard valve, or is the valve a non-standard design, such as a valve that's flush with the rim or otherwise camouflaged for design purposes? If it's a traditional valve design, of course you don't need an extra hole drilled for the sensor. The TPMS sensors provided by LR on their OEM wheels ARE the air "fill" valves, with a wireless sensor / transmitter attached to the end of the valve that sits inside the rim... And they can be moved onto new rims in lieu of regular valves, as long as the assemblies can fit in the provided receptacle. Hope this is clear.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your my hero umbo, I think I'm good with only one...I assume. I havent seen anything but the hole in the wheel. just looks like a hole...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm having them done by a private auto customizing shop. i'll let them figure it out, just currious. thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
As long as they know what they're doing... The sensors inside the rim are delicate and can snap / break when the tires are taken off or mounted on the rim if they don't take special care in doing so.

Here is the "new hole" solution for custom rims with incompatible valves, it's off a Lexus forum but you get the idea: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222128 I don't have TPMS on my early build RRS, but if I did my 21" Cargraphic rims would need the same modification.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
138 Posts
Those rims are badass! Can't wait to see them on the ride.

As for the dual valve stems... I had the same problem last week, when I was mounting my 24s. That link above to the Club Lexus forum is exactly what I did. If the hole that is already drilled in the wheels will fit the sensor without it standing straight up, then you're all good. If not, another hole must be drilled.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flatlined said:
Those rims are badass! Can't wait to see them on the ride.

As for the dual valve stems... I had the same problem last week, when I was mounting my 24s. That link above to the Club Lexus forum is exactly what I did. If the hole that is already drilled in the wheels will fit the sensor without it standing straight up, then you're all good. If not, another hole must be drilled.

What do you mean by "without it standing straight up"?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Well, I assume he means that if the body of the sensor is mounted at an odd angle and sticks out, rather than being fairly flush with the inner surface of the alloy, you may run the risk of crushing it between rim and rubber if you ever have a flat, especially considering the itsy-bitsy sidewall of the rubber bands you are going to install around those huge suckers. Once again, a good tire and wheel shop should have no problem figuring out whether they need to drill a new hole for your sensors, and at what angle if they do, once they see your rims. :wink:

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
138 Posts
umbertob said:
Well, I assume he means that if the body of the sensor is mounted at an odd angle and sticks out, rather than being fairly flush with the inner surface of the alloy, you may run the risk of crushing it between rim and rubber if you ever have a flat, especially considering the itsy-bitsy sidewall of the rubber bands you are going to install around those huge suckers. Once again, a good tire and wheel shop should have no problem figuring out whether they need to drill a new hole for your sensors, and at what angle if they do, once they see your rims. :wink:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Mine were almost on the lip, so they drilled new holes on the backside.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh ok, well I'm pretty sure mine are in the center so that means I dont need another hole. right?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nope, they're at the paint shop

this is where they are, i made sure to check them out. they are nearly right in the center on the other side of the center piece.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got the new rotors on today, they look good. However, I have to send te front ones back again! they were too large, bastards. I'll upload pics sunday. My wheels should be finished wed or thur.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts