RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger and have my entire RRS wrapped. Now, I'm not going to do the overplayed matte color thing; I simply want to change colors from Bonatti Grey to a gloss white. The only difference is that I plan to have the lower door moldings and the lower bumpers also wrapped in white. I've included a "before shot" of my rig, and a photo of Fatandre's ride.

Personally, I think his RRS looks perfect, and since I'm lacking in the originality department, I humbly have to admit I am using his ride as my "after photo".

image.jpg image.jpg

My request - does anyone have feedback on having an entire vehicle wrapped in vinyl?

The shop I'm planning on using in the Chicago area has wrapped several vehicles, and recommends the vinyl over plasti-dip. They say when it comes to a gloss white, the vinyl wrap will look much better than plasti-dip. It comes with a 10-year warranty.

Am I nuts to have my entire vehicle wrapped in a different color? Thoughts & opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
325 Posts
don't hate on one thing to make yours somehow sound better. matte gray looks awesome and just like black wheels they're here to stay. it's not like white is somehow being creative.

i prefer your stock color dude. i'd stash the cash or spend it on some better wheels.

check out this thread - not all wrap jobs are created equal. you get what u pay for.

http://www.northwestautosalon.com/full-vinyl-vehicle-wraps-in-seattle/

gl

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
81 Posts
In my honest opinion, I love the grey on the range rovers. If you got some gloss black rims it would look great but that obviously isnt for you.
I would say go with the plasti dip, you can do it your self. Its much easier to install, and sections can be replaced faily easily.

Either way how it goes, I would like to hear about it.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
I'm recently back to Land Rover/ Range Rovers after being in the BMW world for the past 5 years (335i and M3), where 100s of people on the forums were wrapping their cars (I almost decided to do it myself in a unique white). When it comes to changing your vehicle color, you have to get it wrapped. Plasti-dip will not stand up to the elements nearly as well, and its not going to turn out exactly how you want it. If you are going to a shop with experience wrapping cars and they use quality 3M vinyl, it is going to turn out well. The trouble areas are obviously the cracks and door frame, but with a white exterior the gray wouldn't be too out of a place if it shows consistently (they place that quoted me for my M3 said they charged extra to cover the full 100% inside the door-jams, etc...).

With all of that said, its all about what you want to do, but gray Range Rovers look great. You could definitely make it more unique with some different wheels or leave it the same (I think it looks great). I only say that because wrapping isn't cheap! I was shocked how much my M3 was going to cost and its half the size of a RR, with smoother lines to begin with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts