RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this? from what i see, it looks amazing. I've got a santarini black rover with 22 inch Redbourne Nottingham wheels but i think i want to go white with black trim. so my question is, do i go glossy white and keep black highlights in santarini black? or do i go matte white and keep (shiny) santarini black highlights? by highlights i mean, doorhandles, trim around grille and trim around side vents.
thoughts? pictures? thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
hey! i am wrapping my roof as well when i get my car. mine is a fuji white RRS and im putting 22 stormers on mine. i'd go with a matte white, looks amazing saw it on a GTR a few days back.

can you post pics of your car from several angles? what tire size do you have? 285/35/22? thanks!

has anyone done this? from what i see, it looks amazing. I've got a santarini black rover with 22 inch Redbourne Nottingham wheels but i think i want to go white with black trim. so my question is, do i go glossy white and keep black highlights in santarini black? or do i go matte white and keep (shiny) santarini black highlights? by highlights i mean, doorhandles, trim around grille and trim around side vents.
thoughts? pictures? thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive got built in mud flaps too...dont think i can wrap those?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love it but how did you wrap the lowers? under the front and rear bumpers and the sideskirts? did you paint them first or did you wrap the textured plastic? its my understanding that if you wrap the textured plastic it might not hold up to the elements?
What i'm trying to decide is this (and opinions are WELCOME!)
1. i have a santarini black rrs with color matched paint on tail lights, side vents around the edges and grill around the edge. do i go with a glossy white to match the already painted glossy black that the accent pieces are already painted?
2. do i go with flat white or satin white with the already painted glossy black accent pieces OR is that to much of a contrast?
3. Right now the side skirts and under the front and rear bumper are that black textured plastic. if i wrap them i think i need to paint them first but if i dont paint them, and leave them the flat black plastic color, is there too much going on with white body, glossy black accent pieces and the black bottom lowers plastic? OR do i paint the lowers black to color match the car and still, not wrap them? leave them black like the accent pieces are?

ANY input from anyone would be appreciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually it can come off pretty easily. preserves paint underneith.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
RED, OT but love the '69 Charger, it has the horn too?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts